Anyone here keep their lift tickets - like as a memory?

Someone I work with keeps all his, going way back to the 1960's. He showed them to me yesterday, keeps them in a book as a memory of his skiing travels.

He actually avoids ones that don't give you a paper ticket as there's nothing to 'keep' when he leaves.

It was quite interesting actually looking at some of the old ones.

I have quite a few season passes from Niseko that I've kept. Could get the Y1,000 deposit back on them but kind of like the idea of holding onto them as a keepsake.

Going back to the '60s would be some collection!!

In fact I would wager that it would be worth a considerable sum.

You see it is the stuff that people usually throw away...like soggy paper lift tickets that are rare 50 years down the line.

Make sure he never throws it out, and if he has no one to give it to put your hand up, or suggest taking it to a ski history museum.

How about ski trail maps?

I have some from the same resort, showing the evolution of the ski area...and some from Japanese resorts that do not show the non operating lifts, even worse.

I have some from the same resort, showing the evolution of the ski area...and some from Japanese resorts that do not show the non operating lifts, even worse.

At Rusutsu there is a corridor that has trail maps on the wall going back to when only west mt had lifts, it is pretty cool to see the how the resort has developed over time.

• Like 1

At Rusutsu there is a corridor that has trail maps on the wall going back to when only west mt had lifts, it is pretty cool to see the how the resort has developed over time.

Ah, that hallway which shows the 30 or so years of evolution of Rusutsu with the ski posters. That is fantastic!

My name is Mick and I'm a hoarder! I used to keep both piste maps and lift tickets when I first started out, but after many years of counselling, now restrict my hoarding tendancies to keeping tickets in one of those cheap, plastic ticket holders! :D

I always think I will try to keep them but it just doesn't work.

I forgot when you go to a place that gives you a chip, you end up coming away with nothing at all right? (unless you take the chip home of course)