• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even Lonely Planet has described Perth as the bogan capital of Australia. No wonder you like it!! Tell me then what are the redeeming features of living on the edge of nowhere with one of the world's

I was only joking about the seppos I love people from all walks of life.   Would have loved to be in Hokkaido today it has been spewing down spuing I'm not there.   Perth is very expensive though

I think next season will see an increase on this season when considering the overseas market.

This season too many people cancelled out of worry, but I think that memory will have faded somewhat.

Never really had any reservations (other than at the hotel) about the season, thought know a few who did.

I reckon that won't be an issue for most next time round.

I sure don't regret going.

I do regret not going December when conditions up in Niseko were great.

We picked a dry period in March.

Still enjoyed it though.

depends on when in December you'd be going hey? I wouldn't risk it in earl December but for the very end I might plump for then as New Year tends to get a good level of dumpage pretty much everywhere

Goes to show hey.

Let's risking.

Generally, if a generally exists, which would you choose for snow conditions Go Native - December or March?

Generally I'd prefer to go for the first half of March over anytime in Dec. Mainly because even in big, early start years it can still take to near the end of Dec to fully cover the sasa grass and for all the off-piste to become easily skiable. The peak even in big years rarely opens until late Dec to early Jan. In March even in a not so good year the cover will almost always be at least 3m from the start of the month (and often a lot more). Everything will be skiable and the first couple of weeks of March generally have snow conditions little different to anytime in Feb.

Plus unless you're going to go in the first half of Dec which can be pretty risky for snow cover the 2nd half of Dec gets very busy, especially from around the 20th onwards and it is one of the most expensive times to stay in Niseko. March on the other hand is quieter and cheaper and if the snow gods cooperate freshies can be yours all day long day after day. If Dec goes off though like it did this last season the snow quality can be better than anything you'll generally find in March. Dec dumps can be incredibly light and dry.

Like I said the reason my group didn't go was because of 'concerns' after what happened in March last year.

....but, looks like we are on for next winter!

:dance:

Good for you ShedlonB.

Sadly looks like I am OFF for next year.

Unfortunately/fortunately looks like it will be one of those stretches where I am actually working in paid employment.

Will have a brief two week window in January, and the family are keen on Breckenridge to meet up with some friends.

The season just gone was fantastic. The quietest I have seen it in ages. I will be back next season. I have a feeling it is going to be very very busy......

Japan wasn't something I really considered until recently - friend went to Nozawa and came back with stories of total epicness that needs to be experienced.

Found here and not really thinking about it for next Japan winter.