40's. That sounds even worse than 35. ;)

Is it humid with it or not?

It has been very humid Sanjo.

Not very Perth like at all.

I think it is my fault.

Perth likes to mock me when I return from the snow.

"Ha ha! So ye thought ye shall escape my heat did ye Missy?? ... well I saved it all up for you!!! a WEEK of 40 degree's!" :doh:

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Even Lonely Planet has described Perth as the bogan capital of Australia. No wonder you like it!! Tell me then what are the redeeming features of living on the edge of nowhere with one of the world's

I was only joking about the seppos I love people from all walks of life.   Would have loved to be in Hokkaido today it has been spewing down spuing I'm not there.   Perth is very expensive though

I think there has been really big changes in the last 5 year in the world.

One is weather for sure. I´ve experienced climate change in Munich. I reckon OZ is a different place from when I use to live in North coast NSW.

Well. if a butterfly can change the world weather, I´m sure Perth is mamabear´s fault. . Munich is mine.

We started the wacky packy, what to leave and what not, scavaging for boxes, etc. Plan to hit the frog and toad in about a month, we reckon. See if we can scam a plane for our belated wedding pressie from my parents.

My better half is stoked. We are giddy. She´s gone bonkers and it´s great.

It´s taken us nearly 6 years since we met and we wanted to live together in Australia.

Perth is not an overly humid place, typically dry weather by world standards, even it it has been a bit higher than normal lately.

I do recall when we used to get 40+ degrees with 3% humidity - if you went out in the sun, you'd spontaneously combust!! :lol:

I just cannot for the life of me work out why anyone would want to live in Perth. Couldn't ever pay me enough to consider moving there!

Where I am I'd say we've had less than 10 days all summer that have got above 30. Maybe only a couple of days around 35 and nothing up near 40. Most days in the low to mid 20's and enough rain to keep everything nice and green. All with relatively low humidity. It's actually a more comfortable summer than what we'd normally get in Niseko. The only problem is that winter is just pitiful with no snow to low levels and temps almost never get below freezing.

Well come now.

It is absolutely dumping here in the Niseko Resort Area and is set to continue all week.

Skied Kiroro today expecting to have at most mid-boot on a sun crust. It was waist deep and over the head.

The top lifts at Niseko were on wind hold today.

Tomorrow will be epic

Even Lonely Planet has described Perth as the bogan capital of Australia. No wonder you like it!!

Tell me then what are the redeeming features of living on the edge of nowhere with one of the world's hottest deserts just a little ways inland and long, long summers where temps frequently get to 40 or above?

I also believe Perth is now the 13th most expensive city to live in the world even though it has a population of less than 2 million. Now if I were to live in one of the most expensive cities in the world I can tell you it's definitely not going to be a cultural backwater on the edge of nowhere with one of the most concentrated bogan populations you're likely to find. It's also about as remote from snow as you could possibly choose to live. So why would you live there?

• Like 1

you certainly have a strange and contorted view of what a bogan is, and you have even managed to form a view that I am one?

i dont drink

i dont smoke

I dont enjoy AFL footy

I dont listen to ACDC

i was born in England, and dont have an Aussie accent

I dont have tattoos

I dont have piercings

I drive two european cars

I work in a professional office environment, wearing suits as required

But you seem to be an expert on this, so please enlighten me on what makes a bogan?

I was only joking about the seppos I love people from all walks of life.

Would have loved to be in Hokkaido today it has been spewing down spuing I'm not there.

Perth is very expensive though at the moment and there are to many Australians here.

But as the surf starts to arrive and the temp stays around 30C with no wind you have to love it.

Autumn and spring are the best.

Seemore

• Like 1

This GN is the view from my Rugby Club, a 5 minute drive from my home. It is totally gorgeous.

01181082640.jpg

But the main tie for me to Perth is family, and it being the only home I have ever known.

If I could take my entire extended family with me to live in the snow, I would. But that is not practical.

For some, family is a minor thread that keeps them returning to a place, for others it is a reinforced anchor.

I can't leave until the kids complete their schooling as a great school just across the road from where we live.

I can't leave unless we sell our business (aka retirement - total sea/snow change)

And even if those things happened I would have to return frequently to see my family members.

However SEEMORE the older two Bearcubs ARE currently in Niseko and having a ball (except one of them has acquired another tattoo while he was there! :angry: )

I was married to my First on the banks of Swan in the late 80´s.

My impression of Perth was like... wow a forgotten British coloney in the middle of wupwup, and geez there are so many flies...

They all speak with a slight pommy accent... so many boats,... and so many people in the shopping plaza.

wow, there is a nudist section on the main beach !

mmm... the colour of the ocean is different.

except one of them has acquired another tattoo while he was there!

On his face?

That would be so gnarly and super-duper cool.

Is there a tattoo parlour in Niseko now?!

No, thank God...his calf.

And apparently yes, in Izumikyo...stunned me too!

He always surprises me with news of a new one when I least expect it.

I am still getting over the shock of the first, and it never occurred to me he would/could get another in Niseko.

Tattoos are just so mainstream, or should I say 'common' (both meanings of the word) now.

The way to be gnarly and different.... is to not have any.

:party:

So I might not get that pie on my forehead.

FWIW I really liked Perth when I was there. The view over the Swan river from Kings Park (is it Kings....or Queens maybe?) is pretty spectacular and if you forget about the giant sharks that are swimming just offshore, the beaches are beautiful. The CBD has a toytown feel to it, big looking buildings that aren't as big as you first thought and Freo is a nice little place. I was there in winter so during the day was a nice and comfortable 20 degrees but night time was pretty cold. Western Australia is the most beautiful part of Australia, its so big, with very few people there that its all mostly unspoilt land.......definitely my fave state in Oz

FWIW I really liked Perth when I was there. The view over the Swan river from Kings Park (is it Kings....or Queens maybe?) is pretty spectacular and if you forget about the giant sharks that are swimming just offshore, the beaches are beautiful. The CBD has a toytown feel to it, big looking buildings that aren't as big as you first thought and Freo is a nice little place. I was there in winter so during the day was a nice and comfortable 20 degrees but night time was pretty cold. Western Australia is the most beautiful part of Australia, its so big, with very few people there that its all mostly unspoilt land.......definitely my fave state in Oz
Aww Tubby, we'd welcome ya back any day!

We often don't appreciate the benefits and beauty of the places we live, it is good to be reminded.

Western Australia is the most beautiful part of Australia, its so big, with very few people there that its all mostly unspoilt land.......definitely my fave state in Oz

Really? The vast bulk of the state is featureless, flat desert. It has a population of 2.3 million with 1.7 mill of them living in Perth. So beyond Perth there's only around 600,000 people spread out in a state that is over 2.6 million sqkm's! (the UK is only around 240,000 sqkm's for comparison) Most though live around the southwest corner where it's not quite so ridiculously hot. Mucht of the state is practically empty because no one in their right mind would want to live there. There's a few in the NW for the mining and you have to pay them crazy amounts to make it worth their while to live or at least work for a time in such a hell hole. Marble Bar in this area still holds the world record for the longest heat wave. They had 160 consecutive days where the temperature exceeded 37.8 degrees (100 F) with plenty of days in this period getting up around 45 or more. The town averages 154 days a year of temps over 37.8 degrees. Certainly if you like solitude in one of the hottest places on earth then WA definitely has that. There's some magnificent beaches but WA hardly has a monopoly on them in a country that is one big island. Some of the forests and other flora in the SW corner are quite unique and spectacular and it's an area I like for a visit but not to live. I know a lot of people find the 'outback' deserts of Australia to be incredibly beauttiful but I'm a mountain and snow sort of guy rather than blistering heat and seemingly endless red sand. WA just isn't for me. Bogans seem to love it though. :p

Yes, Perth is expensive, but I'm quite fortunate that i'm involved in the game that has made it expensive, so its all relative.

the highlights of Perth also include

- the relatively low crime rate,

- no pollution, and a fresh sea breeze every afternoon that blows any signs of pollution away.

- the beaches are spottlessly clean - i know i can walk all day long without fear of stepping on a broken bottle or dirty syringe

- traffic congestion isnt too bad

- the average size house still has 4 or 5 bedrooms, at least 2 bathrooms and is well over 200sq.m

- and probably has a pool too

Yes, the weather can be crap hot sometimes, but in the middle of winter, its actually quite nice to go 5 or 6 days in a row without seeing a single cloud in the sky - no such thing as winter blues here.

I love winter. I love cold temps and snow. The only winter blues I get living in Aus are that the winters are pitifully mild and short even here in what is one of the cooler areas of mainland Aus. Today it's only 12 degrees and raining. I love it! If only it kept getting colder and colder as we got into winter....