It has been one of those mornings!

Excited to get to Gala Yuzawa early this morning, I forgot my ski jacket. :doh:

Luckily it is a warmish day with no wind and what I had one was enough.

So not a big problem.

Then I go get a half day ticket and jump on the gondola. My oh my, it was busy down there. Perhaps something to do with cheap packages on a Wednesday and it being White Day (?)

Anyway got on the gondola and realised that because I don't have my jacket, I don't have a lift holder.

So the ticket goes in what I thought was a safe place on my backpack.

It turned out it wasn't.

Really enjoyed my time there:

http://www.snowjapanforums.com/index.php/topic/21540-gala-yuzawa-yuzawa-niigata-14th-march-2012/

but it was cut short by me suddenly realising the ticket was gone. Must have come off somehow. Asked the lift guys and they phoned round and it hadn't been passed in.

The ojisan lift guys on that top lift were very friendly, let me go on the lift again and told me to go down to Cheers (the base of the actual slopes) to ask the Information Counter.

I had a feeling it wasn't going to go too well when I saw the girl on the counter. She wanted me to fill this great big long form, pay for a new ticket and then "if they found" my original ticket, I could claim back the money.

I would have liked to have had another hour or so but it seemed a whole more hassle than it was really worth and so I just cut my morning short. Especially as I had used a free half-day voucher that a friend had given me.

Has anyone else ever lost a ticket?

What did the resort do?

YES.

I had a paper ticket attached to my jacket pocket zipper with an elastic band as was provided by Falls Creek a few years ago.

Interestingly I had stuffed the ticket into my arm band ticket holder that I had purchased in Japan and wore on the outside of my jacket sleeve/upper arm because I had two jackets And wanted to be able to swap between the two for the week.

I got stopped by the lifties and made to remove it and attach it to my jacket because they were making sure I could not share my ticket with someone else. REALLY? Heck..if I wanted to do that I would just give them my entire jacket!!

So, day two, ticket falls off halfway down a run and the only way out is back up the chairlift!! They let me up and out a call out for a lost ticket (which did have my name on it) and they found it by the time I got to the office. They did want me to jump through a few hoops to identify myself to get it back though. The elastic was snapped ... Must have been when I went over the handlebars ;)

I can't help thinking that I never would have lost it if I had been allowed to wear it in my arm band like I wanted to.

I've lost my return shinkansen ticket on the slopes at Kagura.....I was gutted....until I found out that someone had found it and handed it in!! I really loved Japan that day!! :D

what honest Stemik doesn't say is that he DIDN'T find........a wallet with 300k in it, 3 diamond rings and bizarrely for a snow resort, 2 bars of gold bullion....nope, he definitely didn't find them missing items ;)

Not lost a ticket, but when we got back home from Hakuba last year, my brother said look I still got the chip for the lifts, what am I supposed to do with it?

Doh!!!!

So he didn't get his deposit back!!!!

I have done that a lot snowdude. Took some Niseko ones back and git the deposit from 3 years ago in January.

Also came back with 2 from Zermatt and 2 from Chamonix. It just means we need to go back there :)

Nearly lost my ticket at Ryuoo yesterday in similar circumstances to Muika! Left my pass holder in the locker and was too tight to buy another one, so kept having to dig into my pocket at every lift line and remember to zip it back up!

Lost mine year before

It was the last 3 days ticket that you had to hand in part of everymorning before you got a chip in Hakuba.

Didn't think of asking anyone just had to fork out for the last 3 days.

Seemore

At many resorts in the US, there are 2 parts to the ticket, the main part must be attached to pants or jacket with zip tie. Both parts have bar codes and your full name. If you lose your lift ticket, you go to the ticket office/window with the other bar coded receipt/proof of purchase. Then they issue you a new ticket and void out the old one. Ah, computers...

At some resorts in Japan, such as Furano, the lift ticket has your photo on it, so they can verify who the real owner is.