• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting take on Win8 ... You could accuse Microsoft of a lot over the years, but it's never powered North Korea's nuclear missile programme. Unless, that is, you read 21st Century Business, a Chi

• 5 months later...

I got a computer with this on.

The tiles thing is just a mess to use, it is really annoying. And this is after getting used to it.

And what's with Shutdown being in 'Settings'??!

:confused:

Windows 8 is rubbish windows 7 much better.

Windows 8.1 upgrade however is much better as it is more backwards compatible has less lock ups and runs smoother.

I reckon once they bring out a few more updated bug cleared versions then the touch screen computers will really rock until then I will stick to my windows 7. It is as stable as anything compatible with anything and doesnt fill your screen with hundreds of useless icons.

Also will wait until the new hard driveless computers come into full swing as they are super fast and smooth.

Modern day computers have a billion times more processing power than the first computer Nasa used to launch their first space craft yet we are still using the old fashioned hard drives which are so crazy slow.

The computers with no hard drive that use memory storage instead are super fast allowing people to use the computers full potential.

As computers are now it is like having a Ferrari with prius engine in it.

Yes you can by either removing it or disabling it.

I have not done it with my wifes but I know it can be done.

Maybe check on line somewhere on how to do it.

Disabling it maybe safer then removing it though as it may course the computer to freeze if a windows file is also removed.

Glad I dont have 8 ill keep with my win 7 for a few more years yet.

Try a free program called "Classic Shell". Haven't used it myself, but the users on a tech site I use recommend it. It turns your Win 8/8.1 O/S into a clone of Win 7.

Nothing wrong with Vista as long as you have heaps of RAM. Take Microsofts recommendation for Vista, then double it, and add a big more for safety. I used Vista from the day it came out till the day Win 7 came out. Never had a problem, but my PC had 8GB of RAM. RAM makes a big difference to Vista.