Raise your hand if you have knee'ed yourself

F'ing twice this season. The first on a no visibility day, going around tree wells. One part was about four feet lower that what I tought I saw, slammed hard and busted my mouth with my knee. I spent the rest of that run spitting blood everywhere.

The second time, went flying blind off a cornice and what I expected to be 10 foot drop into either an incline or soft powder was a 20 foot drop into a windblown hole (I say 15, buddy says 20 so I'm going with that). Haven't knocked the air out of my lungs like that since I was a kid. I probably cracked something.

Have you had any party poopers this season?

Think of it this way.... if you were spitting blood everywhere, then if you had got lost someone would have been able to follow the trail to find you!

Always look on the bright side... ;)

Think of it this way.... if you were spitting blood everywhere, then if you had got lost someone would have been able to follow the trail to find you!

Always look on the bright side... ;)

Ya.....Watch out for the blood thirsty wolves.....(really bad movie reference).

I had a bit of a crash one day and as always the priority was protecting my camera bag on my back rather than my body so I fell on my wrist pretty bad.

Nothing too bad but it hurt for a week or so. All ok now.

Somehow I managed to dig the front of my board into the side of a piste back in December when trying to get back on the piste. As I was cartwheeling over much of my weight must have been supported by my front knee which I could see was bending at a crazy angle. I was shouting "no no no!" as I was going over. Really thought that was the end of my season. Luckily it only partially tore the ligaments in the knee. It was very painful for a month but completely fine when snowboarding. :)

Then in January I managed to hit a tree knees first when doing an emergency stop. Damn that smarted! Not been a good year for the poor fellas.

The thing is, I know how to take a fall and how to properly crash into a tree (on a snowboard if you panic and hit the brakes, all you will do is T bone the tree at full speed and crush your skull, the trick is to make it as much a gracing blow as possible). This year it has been the split-second situations where it goes from Wheee! to F*k! in no time flat.

Knee'ed myself in the chin a few weeks back going off a drop at hakuba 47. Annoying thing is first time I landed it but second time when my mates were folowing me i wiped out.

Almost messed up my shoulder...thought I was falling into powder but it was only a thin layer, came down HARD. Was only sore for about a week :)

Another time in Niseko or Rusutsu I was going through some deep powder, couldn't see a bump and the board got out from under me. I landed on my back, and my head hit the powder....unfortunately the powder was forgiving that day, so my neck snapped way back (it was a weird fall). Sore/stiff for about a week. Beats a concussion I guess, lol!

Hopefully you're alright man, hope it was nothing serious!

Shuffling back to the hotel and something went `pop' in my calf. Hurt like hell and I took a day off. Went back out and no problem skiing, but it stung a bit every now and then walking. May get it checked out after season ends.

I had a good year this year. I bailed more times than I have in previous years (trying new things/lines) but except for winding myself a couple of times, no massive bails that did any damage.

My mate is still sore from bailing and hurting his shoulder though and that was over a month ago.

I was with a friend who broke his jaw and orbital bone by kneeing himself. Lanky dude as well.

Damn that sucks!

I got lucky on the 20-foot drop. I kept my knees bent and took it as best as I could. Had I straighten my legs (what most people do when they panic and are looking for solid ground) chances are I would have ended with two broken legs. Still, I banged my chest something fierce. If it would have been my face... :shifty: