Hi all,

Having done a season in Niesko, I am thinking of coming back this coming season.

However, I’d like to set myself a challenge to ski in all prefectures!

If you could help me in this regards. I tried a number of searches to find a list of prefectures in which you can ski, but with no help!

If I could ask: which prefectures DO NOT have ski terrain?

Thanks,

Jamie

:wave:

Just about all prefectures would have ski terrain, what they may lack is first a ski resort, and then the proper weather.

I'm not trying to be a smart ass (at least this time). On particularly cold and snowy winters you would get accumulations on places that would not usually get any. Shit, the Mauna Kea volcano in Hawaii is tall enough that you get snow there. You can bet your skis that I would do that if only for a hundred feet :D

• SnowJapan Admin

Ah sorry I may have misunderstood, I thought you were talking about ski resorts - you don't need ski lifts?

What will you be needing then.... just a bit of snow?

:friend:

My guess is that any place that is likely to get snow falling each season for more than a bit will have a skijo of some sort.

The Japanese didn't hold back on making facilities back in the bubble era!

Hi all,

Having done a season in Niesko, I am thinking of coming back this coming season.

However, I’d like to set myself a challenge to ski in all prefectures!

If you could help me in this regards. I tried a number of searches to find a list of prefectures in which you can ski, but with no help!

If I could ask: which prefectures DO NOT have ski terrain?

Thanks,

Jamie

:wave:

I think you need to be a bit more specific in what you are looking for. I could have skied down my street yesterday, and a few hills around here would have been skiable, but I'm not sure that makes Kanagawa a prefecture you can ski in.

If you are looking for prefectures with ski resorts or facilities just follow SJ-Davids advice.

Note: if you do find anything skiable in Kanagawa please let me know

Thanks for all the replies!

Haha it was more to do with prefectures which have ski resorts, doing it with clothes on...

For example I don’t think the resorts further south will have Resorts?

I will have a look through the links above, many thanks again.

Jamie

:edit: Font Size

Gifu, Nagano, Niigata, Gunma, Tochigi, Fukushima, Yamagata, Kyushu (I think they have 1 or 2 small ones), Akita, Iwate, Aomori, Shizuoka, Yamanashi (I think) and of course Hokkaido....off the top of my head

• SnowJapan Admin

There's no need to guess. Look at the resorts section of the site, links above, and that is the answer to the question which prefectures have ski resorts.

:friend:

It will be getting sketchy up here in places on Honshu late March. Usually, and definitely this year if we don't get another blast or two of winter...