I was thinking of getting a pair myself, but the cheapest Ive seen them is around 20k which is just a bit on the pricey side for me. I was also looking at the smith i/o which are a bit cheaper, but not quite as nice, or the Electric EG2 which have a really wide view, but Im not sure of their compatability with my helmet.

I was thinking of getting a pair myself, but the cheapest Ive seen them is around 20k which is just a bit on the pricey side for me. I was also looking at the smith i/o which are a bit cheaper, but not quite as nice, or the Electric EG2 which have a really wide view, but Im not sure of their compatability with my helmet.

Yea i hear ya on the price issue...but I found some on Ebay for a more "reasonable" price. Might just wait until Im back stateside to get a pair...probably next season. But man they look awesome! great concept too!

Can you just tell me why they are so amazing?

Not into cheesy promo vids. You tell me would be good!

:)

I just think its a really smart and well thought out design. Get rid of the bulky frames, and increase the range of view! Also, just been reading reviews on them, and people seem to only say good things.

If there are any negatives please bring them up!

Yeah, I think they are the best looking goggles I've seen. Im not sure the frameless thing is always such a great idea - it leaves the lenses more prone to scratches at the periphery and I've heard of snow getting through the sides of the smith io. Also, Im not sure how much that wouuld contribute to a wide field of view, because I think you will see the foam surround before the frame. The frameless designs look great though! I tried the EG2 and that certainly had the widest field of view of any that I tried (and they have a frame), but when I put a helmet on, it simply pushed the goggles down below my nose!!

If you are looking for 'wide view' goggles the best I've tried are the Oakley Wisdom (now discontinued)... and the Oakley Airbrake. Gary is right about the foam on the inside getting in the way. I tried on a bunch of frameless goggles this season and found the field of view to be pretty limited compared to the two I mentioned previously. I'm not sure that I tried on these Dragon ones but I remember trying on a few of their styles and wasn't impressed at all. The whole frameless thing seems pretty gimicky to me... especially if you wear a helmet.

If you are looking for 'wide view' goggles the best I've tried are the Oakley Wisdom (now discontinued)... and the Oakley Airbrake. Gary is right about the foam on the inside getting in the way. I tried on a bunch of frameless goggles this season and found the field of view to be pretty limited compared to the two I mentioned previously. I'm not sure that I tried on these Dragon ones but I remember trying on a few of their styles and wasn't impressed at all. The whole frameless thing seems pretty gimicky to me... especially if you wear a helmet.

I hear your concerns forsure. Maybe I'm just a sucker for their gimmicks! haha. In the end I just need to get my hands on a pair and try them on/take them up on the mtn ;) but for now I'm just gonna stick with my crowbars (which have been so so good to me)

I think they are a great idea and was thinking of grabbing some for next year.

The problem with my new oakleys was after a few face shots the front vents were blocked.

I don't think you would have the same problem.

Seemore

I think they are a great idea and was thinking of grabbing some for next year.

The problem with my new oakleys was after a few face shots the front vents were blocked.

I don't think you would have the same problem.

Seemore

I definitely get the same problem in pow! I like how they incorporated plastic vents on the dragons instead of the spongey material they use on oakleys. good stuff