Waiting on the forecast to make the decision. Loved it at Norikura on Saturday.

Which Norikura did you go to?

Norikura Kogan. I never really talk about Norikura in Hakuba without mentioning her beautiful sister Cortina.

Last weekend we only had about 15cms of fresh but still got in some good turns. Lots of potential on a big powder day though.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I pussied out...cancelled the plans for Hakuba. Spine back to a bent over shape staring at the ground for loose change....

what Matsuri is that Swedon?

It will be just the Yuzawa one.

Nothing special when I have previously been.

Though I'm sure you will enjoy Swedon! :)

Yes the Yuzawa Yuki Matsuri one. I enjoyed the summer matsuri last year so I think this one will be fun too.

http://www.yuzawaonsen.jp/yukimaturi.html

Also read some where that one of the shops close to the station (not Ponshukan) will have a small Sake festival too. Good to warm up a bit before the big onein Niigata.

Right, ive slowly recovered to around 90% of bodily and brain functions.

No ones out, its just me, so hrrrmmm... Gala yuzawa and if i feel up for it, a night at kenkou land and another gala day.

Or, kagura and potentially heavy pow (assuming wadagoya has space).

Or maiko and gala

or kandatsu and gala.

Basically im in a cruisy place at the moment. I just want to play in an empty park somewhere to be honest and practice riding on rails or just board sliding. I dunno. Im not in the mood to rip at all.

I need convincing..

This coming weekend is my only chance this month to get out. I'm just not all that motivated with the less than stellar conditions this week especially after the warm day today. And it's such a long frickin drive to Hakuba...(or anywhere else for that matter).

Give me a pep talk please....lay it on me.

I need convincing..

This coming weekend is my only chance this month to get out. I'm just not all that motivated with the less than stellar conditions this week especially after the warm day today. And it's such a long frickin drive to Hakuba...(or anywhere else for that matter).

In around 5 or 6 months time you will KILL for the chance to go out in less than stellar conditions. In fact youll probably be eyeing up Yeti screaming "hurry up and open ffs!!!" or even some snow dome somewhere just so you can pay a fortune to spend most of your day on a really slow magic carpet, and trying to make every 20 second run last at least a mionute by trying to butter up the damn hill.

Chriselle, my pep talk would start.... why always Hakuba? You always seem to go there, just wondering why not try other places out........

Ya, I would like to go some other place to be honest but it's like I can put my mind on autopilot driving to Hakuba and simply just concentrate on the skiing. I usually stay at the same handful of seedy accomodations so I can arrive on Friday night at 10 pm without any stress.....

I was thinking about Shiga or maybe Nozawa....

You're a bit wuss if you don't go! :grandpa:

There, how about that? ;)

Well, I'm not too fond of the word "wuss" ... I much prefer pussy. ;)

Wife is annoyed at me too....JUST GO she says>>..she's wants to book a hotel and get me out of the house for the weekend.

I need convincing..

In around 5 or 6 months time you will KILL for the chance to go out in less than stellar conditions. In fact youll probably be eyeing up Yeti screaming "hurry up and open ffs!!!" or even some snow dome somewhere just so you can pay a fortune to spend most of your day on a really slow magic carpet, and trying to make every 20 second run last at least a mionute by trying to butter up the damn hill.

Haha....November is JUST like that..

muika is having a Gala afternoon, so he'll probably be able to give you a good update on there.

I had a fun time at Gala this afternoon.

Snow was just decent. Have experienced much better but also much worse.

Gala often has good conditions when lower places don't and more like Kagura than town resorts in that respect, though perhaps Kagura beats it.

Disappointed in the weather today, it was bright but silvery grey. Though got a bit clearer in the last half hour or so looks like it will be a lovely evening.

Once again, we can't seem to have a totally clear, blue sky day in this region this season.

Really strange that.

No pics, I'll save those for a muikatastic weather day. Felt strange going out without my camera bag!

:friend:

I'm keeping a close eye on the forecast for this Friday as I'm considering a day trip to Kagura on Saturday. Looks like a low pressure area is moving across Japan and moving into some colder air could bring some snowfall on Friday night to higher resorts in Nagano and Niigata. Doesn't seem like the kind of pattern that would bring the lightest powder, but looking at the long-range forecasts it might be best to take whatever there is from now.

Chriselle, my pep talk would start.... why always Hakuba? You always seem to go there, just wondering why not try other places out........

Ya, I would like to go some other place to be honest but [wussy equivocation deleted]

Straighten out that spine and go to Fukushima!

You too, ippy.