• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just trying to send positive chilly mojo there Jelly. You know.....

Powder day yesterday and snowing again in Niseko today.

whee, feezing level drops to 0 on sunday in nagano according to the 6 day reports. Then on sunday night/monday morning it looks like a proper hit coming our way. Yay for the top up. If you do have the days off, then Monday and tuesday could well be a decent couple of days to get out there by the looks of it.

Yes lets hope happens. It's next week though, so I don't take too much notice.

[see: what happened to the good snowfall that we were going to get this week, as told last week, etc.]

sad to say it, but it definitely looks like winter is ENDING here in "snowy" Akita :( I was keeping my fingers crossed but its been raining for the past few days, even my local ski hill closed down due to the rain...BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

• SnowJapan Admin

I edited the link there Mike, to the page on SnowJapan that displays the forecast.

Thanks.

(Click on the "Top" link to get the snow forecast for upper slopes @ Kiroro)

Looks like my Hakuba trip is finally on! Just got a brand new pair of Smith I/O goggles and a couple of Hakuba Alpen Resort lift tickets courtesy of Snow Japan which Im looking forward to making good use of. Hopefully the snow Gods will be on our side this weekend....!

Kagura was epic on Tuesday. Huge dump and able to enjoy it to the fullest by staying up on the mountain. First lift with the entire mountain to myself and the 2 other guys that stayed overnight at 和田小屋. Waist deep in places. Craazy

Tuesday was near epic for me as well. Most of Happo-one was closed on Monday due to weather which meant a full day and night of powder to remain untouched. I was the first one up at Skyline along with a handfull of the resorts instructors hitting the powder. It was glorious. Even the usually stiff patrol dudes were smiling and giving the odd hoot and holler. And with not many people on the mountain the fun lasted most of the morning. Best day I've had in many years.

Tuesday seemed to be the day to be out. I took a day off and used my Dynaland lift pass. Enjoyed about 20-30cm of fresh snow and lots of fun tree runs. Thanks snowjapan for the lift pass.