Powder day today up in Niseko. A surprising amount of snow has fallen throughout the day. Surprising because no one forecast it. I climbed Chisenupuri this morning and had a great run down in up around knee deep goodness.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just trying to send positive chilly mojo there Jelly. You know.....

Powder day yesterday and snowing again in Niseko today.

Nothing promising at all on the latest unisys charts - perhaps a 1 day cold blast middle of next week and then back to very spring-like greens and yellows. Im starting to think my March powder dream trip isnt going to happen this year.

Yeah, certainly looked that way from the pics! Im gonna wait until thursday before making a decision for this weekend - looks like there could be some precipitation on Friday and Sunday into Monday and that might fall as snow higher up.

Powder day today up in Niseko. A surprising amount of snow has fallen throughout the day. Surprising because no one forecast it. I climbed Chisenupuri this morning and had a great run down in up around knee deep goodness.

Yes, hallelujah it most definitely was.

its dropping in saitama at the mo. Woke up to find 3cms on my bike and then had to cycle the 5 clicks into work. Should have worn my bloody goggles.

Yep, looks like a couple of inches' worth has also settled here in suburbia (Miyazakidai), and as I'm only 20 mins by train from Tokyo, I'm guessing there as well, which should be fun for all the commuters! ;)

Took me 4 hours to get in to work today. All the mountain passes are closed. I found a tiny off the beaten path...."path" and got over one pass. It even gave the LandCruiser a workout. Lots of snow for Shizuoka for sure.

Well, as it is right now I may be staying in a hotel tonight as all the passes are still closed. Seems to have warmed up some so they may open by evening. Good onshore wind waves at the beach today my wife was saying.

Lovely evening here. The roads are dry and clear views all around. Gone dark now of course.

Looks like tomorrow might be clear and sunny. Hmmm, a bit busy but if it's like that I will try to get a half day in.