Any shop selling Alpine Boots in Hakuba ?

I have the same question Gurgle. Next time I'm in Hakuba I'm going to take a look around. Hakuba always seems kind of pricey though.....I was looking a fat skis there. I'm thinking about getting some new boots now and going to Ochanomizu is a pain. Let me know if you find a decent place.

Zerostar...rakuten is fine for some things but something as personal as ski boots.....no way. If I were to know the exact model of boot I wanted I'd look on Kakaku first....but sight unseen...not a chance. I have wonky feet though. ;)

definitely agree. Always go try your gear on first at a retailer before buying online.

Sometimes though you can't find what you are looking for on the shops and just have to take the risk.

Returns are usually no prob though.

My wife is a HUGE online shopper..(with my money I might add) and she milks that return policy thing for sure. Me...I'm old fashioned and have this weird guilt about buying online when I can get the same thing from a brick and mortar store. What I will do is find the lowest price online and haggle with the shop. If they can't get into the ballpark of the online price I plain out tell them I'm going to buy online. I just don't like the prospect of loosing the tactile experience of buying face to face.....but as I said....I'm old. :lol:

Yeah, sometimes you I feel like I should be supporting local businesses here more but when they charge 30-40% more than what I would pay online it makes it hard to choose them.

Haggling in Japan is a lot of fun. Have myself taken in prices from online and been told outright to buy it online cause they can't get anywhere near those prices! Stores like Yamada Denki, Bic Camera etc must get sick of people bringing in kakaku.com printouts.

I bought video cam a while back. I went in to the local Nojima to look at models and more than half of them we just plastic toy shells with no working guts. I called the salesman over and asked to see the "real" model and they didn't have one for display. So I just asked...What the hell is the difference between you showing a plastic toy or me just going and buying online? What's the point of this store?? I bought on Kakaku of course.

For alpine boots Yamatoya near the station. Rappie has a small selection as well and some used boots for sale in the back.

Hakuba is a ski town so expect prices to be a bit higher.

I was talking to a Japanese dude on a lift and he was saying Matsumoto has a few good shops...Suwa has a big Alpen and Xebio but they just carry the.... meh stuff. Any knowledge of the Matsumoto stores?

Yeah near the station there is a store selling Mountain gear. Also another place near Nagano station as well but I believe they are the same chain stores. There is an awesome boot fitter at goryu called 500 miles they have rexan or gen boots

For alpine boots Yamatoya near the station. Rappie has a small selection as well and some used boots for sale in the back.

Hakuba is a ski town so expect prices to be a bit higher.

I was talking to a Japanese dude on a lift and he was saying Matsumoto has a few good shops...Suwa has a big Alpen and Xebio but they just carry the.... meh stuff. Any knowledge of the Matsumoto stores?

Thanks for all the info. guys. I am up there a couple of times a year but really can't be @rsed going to Jimbocho etc. However, I am quite fussy with boots so have been wearing the same ones for about 8 years. Anyway, will check out Rapie and the other place near the station and if I find something I am going to see the boot fitter as well. A good boot fitter is worth every penny you pay them - hard to find though, but I am pretty sure it ain't the kid in the shop in Jimbocho. I will let you know how I get on. Thanks again for the info.