• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah that´s right. Not everyone can buy a new mac every 2 years. I did´t expect to do a OS major update twice in 5 years, and they apparently didn´t work well for some people who did it. I stuck to

I bet that screen will be a sight to behold.

Not cheap though, but that wasn't expected.

It is strange they don't even bump up the specs of the imacs.

No hd screen for the air then. That's what I would have liked.

Time to update my desktop! Its got a 2004 vintage Celeron still chugging along in it.

This will be my first Mac.

If I like it I might well end up getting an iMac as well later on as my main machine.

Looking forward to playing with it.

Delivery date around next Friday by the looks.

I was initially going to get a macbook pro but then veered towards the imac.

And waited.

Now really not sure what to do really, and keep on changing my mind, but I really do need to buy something soon.

I would much prefer to buy the more modern specced machine than buy last years at last years unchanged prices, just doesn't seem right.

Like you gg if I really like it I might end up being a convert and getting the desktop later.

Damn.

Go with the new pro.

You will be waiting a long time for desktop Macs, apparently

--

An Apple executive has reportedly indicated that redesigned iMac and Mac Pro models are in the works and might not arrive until next year.

Apple on Monday showed off new versions of its MacBook line of computers, including updates to the MacBook Air, the MacBook Pro and a new next-generation 15-inch MacBook Pro with a Retina Display, at the Worldwide Developers Conference in San Francisco. Updates to Apple's desktop computers were noticeably absent from the event.

However, The New York Times' David Pogue reported on Monday that an Apple executive had suggested new iMacs and Mac Pros might not arrive until 2013.

"Many Apple observers also wonder if Apple thinks that desktop computers are dead, since not a word was said about the iMac and Mac Pro," he wrote. "An executive did assure me, however, that new models and new designs are under way, probably for release in 2013."

You going for an imac, Mr Wiggles?

Looking forward to seeing one of those new notebooks in the "flesh".

No I'm a windoze person but I like the weight/spec/screen size etc. balance of the macbook air.

Since the screen is not widescreen, it means its better for working on documents and looking at portrait orientation photos.

Even if I get a mac, I'd probably still run windows on it for work.

The macbook pro is too expensive and too heavy for what I'd like.

I was tempted to try running a laptop plus external big screen and keyboard as a main machine, but I'll just update my windoze desktop with some new innards instead.

What's the story with the name "Apple".

Did they just like apples?

If only there was a worldwide network of connected computers that I could use to find out such information. :confused:

If I had a company, I think it would need to be called "Pie".

What's the story with the name "Apple".

Did they just like apples?

If only there was a worldwide network of connected computers that I could use to find out such information. :confused:

If I had a company, I think it would need to be called "Pie".

I would have loved to sit in on the group of "genius" marketing staff that burnt all the calories to come up with....... "Airbus".. for an plane building company name... :rolleyes: