• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah that´s right. Not everyone can buy a new mac every 2 years. I did´t expect to do a OS major update twice in 5 years, and they apparently didn´t work well for some people who did it. I stuck to

I was looking online to see if I could change the language of the os to English, if I bought in Japan and this young fella/fella-ess told me

So can someone just confirm if I buy in Japan it comes loaded with English and I can switch to an English environment - without needing anything else?

Cheers

Would you buy an old pair of skis from 5 years ago considering how technology has improved them?

I would, because a lot of that "technology" is going to be hype.

I wouldn't buy a five year old computer though! ;)

Apple is shit. They will get money out of you on any opportunity.

If that's weally weally true, it's weally weally naughty.... them being a charity an' all.

You'd think they were a company doing stuff to make profit or something!!

:veryshocked:

I was looking online to see if I could change the language of the os to English, if I bought in Japan and this young fella/fella-ess told me

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbNVyE1U40o

So can someone just confirm if I buy in Japan it comes loaded with English and I can switch to an English environment - without needing anything else?

Cheers

:lol: Thats a fab clip!

I have actually been thinking the same recently.

Perhaps get one for all my photos and stuff and separate the work from the rest.

I bought a 2 terabyte hard drive a few days before I went away so I could load all the photo's and stuff onto it - something that if one 'container' dies, there is a back up of all the important stuff. It is still in the box. :shifty:

I made the switch over to a MacBook pro 3-4 years ago. At the time it was brand new and I decided to pimp it out with the highest specs possible. It was expensive at the time but it is still the top of the line... its not outdated at all.

Switching definitely takes some time getting used to the differences. The cross platform comparability is only true if you are using two machines with the latest versions of everything. I've actually had to download open office to properly view some .doc files and constantly having to think about the files formats is quite annoying because my work computer is pc and home is Mac.

The laptops are super slick machines. They totally shame anything else on the market right now. If you need convincing have a look at the the tutorials for using the trackpad. Maneuvering windows and pages is a totally tactile experience using the trackpad.

The biggest problem now is the Lion OS. Take a minute reading some of the reviews so you know what you are getting yourself into there. Also, if you have other apple devices being able to access iCloud is a big bonus. You won't need to buy external hard drives. Instead you can put (by buying) all of your files in the cloud and be able to access them anywhere.

I am a looonnnnggg time Mac user. I've amassed quite a quiver over the years. Let's see...a G3, two G4 towers, a G5, a mini and a dual core iMac. I'm eyeing another mini or a MacBook at the moment.

Back in the days before intel arrived I was a pretty big apple supporter because they simply were a better platform. Nowadays those lines are little less defined now that intel is the standard in hardware. OS X is still a far superior system though. Lately however I'm not entirely pleased with the direction Apple has been going. It just seems to be dumbing down a lot of it's tried and true, bread and butter applications taking them from pro level to something barely prosumer. The new Final Cut Pro for example has absolutey no remnants of "pro" left in it. It's essentially a spiffy version of the free iMovie.

Also the somewhat premature abandoning of the Firewire interface on many of the new models leaves some of us who have expensive and still functional albeit dated pro level video gear feeling left with no options. Having a high dollar DVCAM camera sitting on the shelf because you can't log the video is a shame.

I'm still a fan of Mac but I don't think they are doing anything these days worth the fervent fanboy following of the past.

And... as BM stated Lion has "issues"

:lol:

Really that slow are they?

Surprises me.

yeah. Sure.

to be honest, Australia's lag behind surprised me a bit when I was over as well. I stayed at my uncles and was using the internet to keep in touch with footy scores etc......so without thinking I was switching in and out of the internet every 10-20 mins....at the end of the month he hit the roof when his bill came through....it was huge!! I didn't realise that he didn't have broadband, I thought everyone had....he told me that (at that time) it wasn't rolled out over Oz and that most people had dial up!! :doh: I didn't think any modern country used dial up at that time!

Hmm, no thanks goldcoastskier.

Man:

"Digitimes reports that Intel has apparently begun informing partners that mass availability of its forthcoming Ivy Bridge processors will be delayed until "after June". Intel is said to be sticking to its initial schedule calling for an April introduction of Ivy Bridge, but only very limited supplies of the chips will be available at that time."

New Macs expected to use Ivy Bridge.