OK so until recently I have not even touched a Mac computer.

But I truly love the iPad and my iPhone and I think it's about time that I checked one out.

I just seem to really like the Apple way.

And I like gadgets too.

Perhaps the iMac. Or perhaps a Pro laptop.

There's lots of quite a lot of questions and this new-fangled interwebs thing is a help, but how about personal experiences.

Anyone here made the move? At least with one machine it might not be a total desertion.

The Apple site seems to claim that I can use all my files (Office) and stuff, but I'm wary of that.

Like I said lots of reading to do and it seems that the lines are due for a refresh this year so it may be a while before they are released and I make a move.

What does one thing?

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah that´s right. Not everyone can buy a new mac every 2 years. I did´t expect to do a OS major update twice in 5 years, and they apparently didn´t work well for some people who did it. I stuck to

I use a Mac at work, and the only main difference is with installing and modifying stuff through the FInder option.

A small point for m, but no problems besides that.

Microsoft office and the such are cross compatible so no issues there either.

ps I use a 17inch Dual Core MacBook Pro.

It's a computer - they all do the same things now.

More a case of design over function really now. Turns on, turns off, does word processing and multi-tasking.

Would suggest you wait for the inevitable new models though. ;)

Well yeah they all do the same things - I suppose phones and tablets do as well, but there's a bit user-bility difference.

Yes I think I will wait for the new versions to come out and do some swatting up before then.

Thanks.

Experiences - it's easy enough when you get used to the layout of the keyboard and different keys used for functions.

e.g on a pc, ctrl + b for bold, but on a mac command + b.

Small things like that.

I am in the middle of learning my Mac.

I came home from Europe to a new one that I needed to learn to use quick smart.

Still battling - but I am an old girl, teaching me new tricks is tough going!

There are some things I love about its usability, and some things that frustrate the hell out of me - until my 12 yr old comes along and goes click click click "There ya go Mum". :rolleyes:

Apple is shit. They will get money out of you on any opportunity.

Mac is overpriced, their original hardware from apple stores are overpriced. the phone support suck, Os upgrade suck and Os disk is incompatible with other notebook models.

If you scratch your disk you have to buy one.

Best thing I did was to smash mine.

Apple is shit. They will get money out of you on any opportunity.

Mac is overpriced, their original hardware from apple stores are overpriced. the phone support suck, Os upgrade suck and Os disk is incompatible with other notebook models.

If you scratch your disk you have to buy one.

Best thing I did was to smash mine.

Is this post coming from 5 years ago or something?

Airs don't have discs any more. The new Pros may not even have them.

Learn and update your opinions to the latest versions, Jynxx.

Yeah that´s right.

Not everyone can buy a new mac every 2 years.

I did´t expect to do a OS major update twice in 5 years, and they apparently didn´t work well for some people who did it.

I stuck to my original Os that came with it.

If your opinion is based on the latest models and you don´t know past history, you haven´t learnt anything yourself.

Very typical. Sucked in lol

• Like 1

Yeah that´s right.

Not everyone can buy a new mac every 2 years.

I did´t expect to do a OS major update twice in 5 years, and they apparently didn´t work well for some people who did it.

I stuck to my original Os that came with it.

If your opinion is based on the latest models and you don´t know past history, you haven´t learnt anything yourself.

Very typical. Sucked in lol

But why would GG be interested in a mac from 5 years ago with technology improving on every iteration?

Would you buy an old pair of skis from 5 years ago considering how technology has improved them?

Point is.

I wouldn´t consider spending money and investing in a company that does´t do much for their customers.

and squeezing out more out of you

Don't do much? Really? Any examples you can give us?