Hi Guys

Popped in to Sapporo last night to have a look around.

Didn't have long but managed to shuffle around for a few hours.

Pretty impressive stuff although my photos don't do it justice and some were looking a bit weathered.

Seemore

Yeah with the missus, originally we were gonna be boarding but after Hakuba at New Year her interest in snowboarding has waned, so I them graciously "compromised" and spent the 2 days with her :lol:

yeah I went there as well. Beer was pretty good, only had a couple though and went next door to eat some BBQ'd stuff.

While I enjoyed the snow festival, its definately a one time thing (imo). Unless I'm back in hokkaido around that time, i wont make a special trip.

The festival was great, beautiful sculptures, but not something to come back to every year. Do go to it if you have the opportunity, you wont be dissapointed.

actually if anyone is in Sapporo and is looking for some good Ramen, I recommend Kura on North 2-West 1......great. I had the Kara Miso Ramen and the missus had the Shiro Miso Ramen...both were awesome

P2100212.jpg

Yeah

I agree Norcal.

I won't bother again I am not big on city's as well.

I am sure sapporo has many things to offer but for me it's an airport in transit.

Seemore

I don't know why.....Sapporo is more than "just an airport in transit". I can see why if you lived there then the snow festival may wear thin year on year, but its cool to walk around, loads of food stalls and beer stalls and then of course the city itself. You don't have to hang around the snow festival all the time, you can also base yourself there for your snow activities. I really enjoyed Sapporo and if the Mrs could handle the cold, I'd be up there like a shot