Where you going this weekend (11th and 12th)?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wadagoya... space at last! space at last!

Finally get to ride naeba without actually committing to travelling and staying around there. Cant wait to see it! :)

My friend and I were going to stay at Wadagoya this weekend, but decided against it cos we didnt fancy dormitory style accommodation. We were then going to do one of the JR View two day deals to Kagura which turned out around the same price as Wadagoya, but in the end my friend decided he couldn't afford a two day-er as well as a 3 day trip to Hakuba later in the month so it looks like we might be just doing our usual Higaeri to Kagura this Saturday. Not complaining - we love it!

wadagoya... space at last! space at last!

Finally get to ride naeba without actually committing to travelling and staying around there. Cant wait to see it! :)

Look forward to reading your reviews on both Wadagoya and Naeba!! :thumbsup:

I amazed no ones started this yet. Ive decided its now a peak season tradition and one needs to be started each weekend.

I genuinelly dunno what my plans are yet. Was thinking about skipping it because its the bank holiday weekend, but theres this tiny voice in the back of my head saying "dont be silly, you need to tighten your riding way the hell up and maybe start spending an afternoon or two actually properly buttering instead of this BS spinning shit).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oC6-orOQX9w&feature=player_embedded

Not that im doing that. Im barely breaking out of linked 180s.

PS. Saw a dude doing this at kagura, its even more mental in real life. spin spin flip spin spin spin spin ride away...

PPS. The music sucks as youd expect :)

Perhaps they at a "Lunch Pack". It seems to have a similar kind of affect!

I officially nominate the berzerker as the greatest board in the existence of anything :)

PS. Naeba ...the f***? The last time i saw that many people in one ski jo it was in korea.

Heres what i managed to ride before i thought "i think im getting back on the gondola"

- The teensy green run from the dragondola to the tiny 2 seater pair.

- The Green run from there to the food court.

- From the top of the park some way in the direction of the gondola (under about 600 other lifts).

- Then i got a nice quad half way up the mountain before taking a two seater up to the top of the far skiers right quad.

- This took me on either a groomer with an army of skier and snowboarders patrolling it... or a zig zaggy path course with slightly less numbers but proportionately more. I tried instead 'to just drop through the zig zags and bee line it. No such luck...

- And this took me on a rather enjoyable red line down skiers left (through some trees with lots of nice banks to fly up) all the way back to the dragondola.

- Which i jumped straight back on vowing never again to come to naeba... well, at least not on a bank holiday weekend... or any weekend to be honest. Maybe in march when the schools break up and no one goes snowboarding any more...

That place...

Spoiler on the review:

"Naeba: Get on the bus at the prince hotel, get off the bus at tashiro or mitsumata. Ride the ropeway up. Have a blast."

PPS. Kagura was insane today :) It was also insane the last hour i got to ride it yesterday.

PPPS. Wadagoya is lovely. The breakfast was HUGE. First tracks was zen... quite literally, you couldnt see more than 5 feet in front of your face... but no one around and no chop anywhere, just pure surfing.

Very learned.

Its also the sheer number of lifts. Again, gopro failure to capture depth, but the rows upon rows of lifts at the base is one of those :veryshocked: moments.

Still it has 1) better terrain (on piste) than kagura. It has nice long runs through steeps, paths, powder and everything between (and this is based on effectively one run from almost the top down to the dragondola - it was a good ride). And 2) 2 lifts from the bottom to the top. I wish i could have done it, but the queue at the gondola was right around the building so i went to one of the many lifts at the base (with a massive queue as well - in fact, lots of queues).

So on a quieter day it might actually be a fun resort... but the word "resort" feels somewhat exact. Then again, i shouldnt make statements like that when i ran one run which was veryt much a direct escape route.