• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no no : it looks really good with my Rolex Daytona. Sod the autofocus.

Are your lenses full frame? If not, you'd be better off replacing them if you buy a full frame body. Shooting dx lenses on a full frame body is a waste, given the cost of full frame bodies. With Niko

I'm sure the price will come down quite quickly.

As for the camera, It sounds like its getting a new sensor, With the D800 sensor seemingly beating the D4 in everything but high ISO and the best dx one now in the lowest end model, there's a chance that the sensor they put in this camera will better than the "entry fx" tag would suggest. The D800 and D4 were both delayed by the Thai floods, so in terms of design, this new sensor should be much newer, maybe almost a full year. We'll just have to wait until the testing peoples gets to have a go and see what it can do.

(looking forward to more photos by the way :wave: )

:friend:

Will be interesting to see more on this D600.

As I've got my own new one recently though I'm much less focused in now on getting info.

It's funny there was a period back in spring when I was spending hours a day reading stuff, that seems to have been reduced to the occasional glance now. :lol:

Ken likes it (even though he has not used it)

Full-Frame 24MP and works with all lenses since forever: $2,099.

I can't believe Nikon actually announced the D600; it's a better, faster, lighter version of the old D800 and D800E for only 64% to 70% of the price!

Except for testing lenses, I have no idea why I would keep my D800E anymore.

Must be in stock good!

Muika you can buy my Canon 350D if you like. only a few minor problems. but going cheap.

The settings viewpad has died and i have no rubber thing for the bit where you look through.

But it still takes good photos.

ha ha just joking dood. I will need it. In burst mode it takes three photos. woohooo..

and max iso is 1600. its a challenge in rain forests.

That sounds like my D70. Except it can synch a flash at something ridiculous like 1/7000, something no modern camera can do, even the expensive ones!

From what DxO mark say, it sounds like the D600 is going to be pretty damned good! They've given it a really high score. Better than the pro D4!

It's too expensive for me, but if it's good it should send D700/D7000 prices tumbling further :D

For my price range, the Fuji XE-1 sounds like it might be a goer too.

• 2 weeks later...
Holy cow, I just realized Nikon's big deception: the D600, D800, D800E and D4 are all the same cameras designed and produced in parallel at the same time and all have the same insides, producing the same images with the same processing power, same LCDs, same green-shift problems and identical AF controls. They differ only in exterior packaging and when Nikon chose to announce them to make them appear different. It's just like 1980 again!

Ken reckons they're all the same!

Remember, whichever you choose, set to SMALL and JPG.... that's all anybody needs. ;)

Trolling to get hits probably.

The ironic one is that the current Nikon lineup at full frame is quite diversified. With the previous one, the D3 and D700 had the same sensor and the latter would do 8fps with a grip. They've not made that mistake again.

You can get a s/h D700 for under 100,000 now which is a ton of camera for the money. No video though.

That's all he ever does now I feel, and generally I don't go there anymore.

Post something that will get a whole group of people outraged to get them posting with links back to the site.

I suppose I have contributed to that in a way, though without the all important link. ;)

Impressions of the 28-300mm.

Not used to the big extending end to the lens, though it's basically like a bigger version of the 18-200mm that I used to use most of the time.

It took some nice photos, but I could quite clearly notice that they weren't generally as sharp as my other 'pro' lenses. There was just something missing. And I did really notice the vignetting (?) on the corners/sides especially with the blue sky photos - adjusted that out in Lightroom.

But having used this for a few hours, even for the convenience factor I know that I don't want it. It's just not as good as the other lenses and a compromise. And if I don't need brill smashing pics, I'll take my phone or a compact camera.

It was good to be able to test it out though.

If the bell photo is at the long end, that looks very sharp. I've got a cheapo old 70-300 nikon film era kit lens and it's hopeless zoomed out.

If it's that good as a tele lens, its not such a bad choice for folks who want photos of the kids at the undokai.

It pains me to say it, but at 80,000, its probably not expensive for an fx lens.

I guess it has to be quality all the way for the D800E though!

Actually I was up close for the bell shot.

I did take a few shots are 300mmm and wasn't too happy with them.

They were 'ok', but definitely not mad sharp.

Funny I was just thinking yesterday looking at some of the photos that had lots of blue sky and the corners with the un-natural changing colour thing going on, and remembering how I used to actually like that "effect"!

Or I thought I liked it.

I suppose you just get used to things and it's difficult to go back.