A real looker.

Just looked on amazon, the price of the d800e has gone up to a whopping 445000 yen. And that's not a marketplace one, but the amazon listing. Got to be a mistake I'm sure it was about 320,000 yen last time I looked.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no no : it looks really good with my Rolex Daytona. Sod the autofocus.

Are your lenses full frame? If not, you'd be better off replacing them if you buy a full frame body. Shooting dx lenses on a full frame body is a waste, given the cost of full frame bodies. With Niko

OK went and did it and made the swap.

Thanks to my friend, I basically have paid as much as the different between the 800 and the 800E, forgetting the man or so I paid extra for the 800 when I got that.

But had a few good months with the 800 so seems worth it to me.

Can't say I can notice an real difference from a few quick shots out the window just now. :doh:

But I can definitely see there's an E after the 800! ;)

Awesome!

Friend of mine has the Nikkor 35mm f1.4 and I had a go with that over the weekend. Very nice, similar to my 85mm but obviously wider.

These lenses are all so tempting, and oh so expensive.

My Fuji X100 is fixed at 35mm equiv and I've found that a really useful focal length for day to day stuff. Before I got it, I used the 30mm 1.4 Sigma a lot on Nikon dx, which is close at 45mm equiv, but I prefer the wider angle of 35mm. Once you get over 10MP on a decent camera, there is plenty of scope for crop to zoom.

Nikon have just brought out a 28mm 1.8 for Fx and it might be nice to compare that focal length too.

I'm well tempted to go fx but I can't see myself paying enough to get good lenses.

My Fuji X100 is fixed at 35mm equiv and I've found that a really useful focal length for day to day stuff.

Yeah 35 seems like a good walk around length to have.

24 is getting pretty wide and while brilliant when called on, not the best as the go-to.

My mate has the 24, 35 and 85mm f1.4 and says he uses them way more than his 24-70mm. That 85mm I had a go on produced some beautiful shots.

Ken seems to me to come up with purposefully 'controversial' comment simply in order to get masses of traffic going to his crappy 80's style site.

But he must be laughing all the way.

He's already sold his d800 after his "in-depth" review of what its like having it for a week when you're already busy reviewing something else.

The other popular walkaround is a nifty fifty. The 50 1.8G looks great and its only 20,000 yen. There's a detailed comparison with the 1.4 on the Mansurovs site. I've been thinking about it as a dx portrait lens at 75 equiv.

He's sold it?! :lol:

He was getting all in a hump about not having the settings button in the "right place" or something, really was quite strange.

Ken seems to me to come up with purposefully 'controversial' comment simply in order to get masses of traffic going to his crappy 80's style site.

But he must be laughing all the way.

I agree. He seems to often contradict himself and cynically talks nonsense and it does reek of doing it on purpose to get people going to the site and of course "supporting his growing family".

He clearly knows lots of (outdated?) technical stuff but I wouldn't base any of my decisions on him.

I would listen to for example Mansurovs, though.

The other popular walkaround is a nifty fifty. The 50 1.8G looks great and its only 20,000 yen. There's a detailed comparison with the 1.4 on the Mansurovs site. I've been thinking about it as a dx portrait lens at 75 equiv.

Going back to the 50mm and in particular the 1.4.

Wonder why it is so much cheaper than the 24, 35 and 85mm 1.4.

They are all super amazing with prices to match, the 50 doesn't seem to fit in.

Interesting discussion.

Very nice set up muikabochi and I see you take some equally nice shots as well.

I have a D90 Nikon camera and just a few lenses, it has been a good camera but I'm thinking of stepping up a bit and getting a new camera soon.

Not sure which quite yet.

Sorry been busy with work unfortunately.

But very pleased with the camera.

I feel like I have started a journey learning how to make proper good photos.