I see Nikon are going to announce a new cheapish D3200... with 24megapixels.

I know the other specs are totally different but I don't really understand why the high end D4 has relatively less of those pixelly thingies.

:confused:

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no no : it looks really good with my Rolex Daytona. Sod the autofocus.

Are your lenses full frame? If not, you'd be better off replacing them if you buy a full frame body. Shooting dx lenses on a full frame body is a waste, given the cost of full frame bodies. With Niko

Yeah 24 megapixelses on dx for what sounds like 60,000 yen rrp. If high ISO is good, it could be very good indeed.

On a selfish level, I hope it will knock down the second-hand price of the D7000. That one's been quite scarce and comparatively expensive since the Thai floods.

Even if the D3200 has more pixels, I'd prefer the controls of the D7000.

It's a bit of a puzzler isn't it.

I may be wrong but I get the feeling that Nikon are a bit like Apple in the way they release stuff - announce it and it's out soon with only scraps of rumours to play with beforehand.

Hard to see what the big picture is until it's upon you, kind of thing.

What is the 2nd hand price of the 7000 Mr Wiggles? My friend may well be wanting to sell his and I know that he takes extremely good care of his stuff.

I'm looking at tripods at the moment, the last piece of the puzzle perhaps. Apart from a longer lens. Damn, need more money.

muika

The easiest way to see the effective s/h price is Yahoo Auctions and a site called Aucfan that lets you look at previous auctions to find the market price. For the D7000, 75,000 to 85,000 yen looks typical for the body now.From kakaku.com, you can see that the price of a brand new one was in that range last August/September. On Aucfan for that time, s/h they were going the low sixty thousands. It suggests that the supply must have pretty much stopped after the floods.

Having owned a middle range one (D70) and an entry one (D40), I wouldn't buy a camera of this level if you like playing with settings like ISO, wb, or shooting manual with a speedlight.

If you're happy snapping away without mucking about though, the D3200 sounds really good.

The new 28mm f1.8 lens sounds pretty good. That's an old-school Leica-style length, so I bet you can have a lot of fun with it.

Thanks for the offer. I'll probably wait a bit though to see what happens and whether I can get a bargain.

The D3200 is 700USD with the 18-55mm but the first listings on kakaku are 76000 yen body only in Japan or 85000 yen with the same lens. That's over 25,000 yen more :angry:

OK. :friend:

I see you can now per-order that new camera and lens. Haha that sounds familiar!

"Pre-order now for December 2012* delivery!!!!!"

* maybe, probably not, might be 2013, dunno

Still looks like there are hardly any D800s out there, I think doing what I did was a good move.

After much faffing about and taking a look in a shop too, I think I'm going to go with this tripid

SLIKプロ 700 DXIII

Nice and sturdy, and also big enough to last when I inevitably buy a heavier telephoto lens.

105368-12.jpg

Sure sounds like you did.

There must be tons of people pissed off with that especially if they ordered as soon as they could.

Wonder why, they just underestimated it's popularity?

Thats what some people say. And they couldn't produce enough due to quakes/floods etc. Then again, why didn't they just delay it.

They have said pretty much nothing which has only made the frustrated people even more so.

I've got a Slik tripod, but only a lightweight one. With the levels in the D800 body, it mightn't be so important to have one on the tripod.

Nikon have a history of releasing stuff in small numbers that get sold out and leave people waiting. Some waited nearly a year for the 18-200VR.

Well, don't know if having many many people totally pissed off with you is a good way to go about things, but that seems to be the current situation.

I suppose with something like what they make though they can't suddenly make hundreds of thousands of them and scale up/down easily. But still I think the total lack of transparency is a big mistake.

I haven't used a tripod yet and the shots so far are great, so it's not neede all the time for sure. But I would like to have one especially if I am going to get out and take more wildlife and macro shots like I plan to.

:friend:

All this talk has got me thinking about new cameras and stuff.

But I know if I get on the train once again it's going to whip my wallet along with it and not sure if I am ready to take that step.

I think I'm going to wait it out a bit and see what happens re: D400 etc.

Keen to hear more on your D800 impressions though as you take more with it muikabochi.

Read this with interest.

Hi, I'm new here. And I'm on the D800 wait list! Ordered 15th February just over a week after announce and not a dickie-bird on my order from a local store. They have no idea when they will get it.

I have been using a D7000 until now and so I'm not in any kind of urgency, but it would be good to get my new camera.

Like you muikabochi used this chance to move from DX to FX. Got the 24-70mm and a few DX lenses that I'm going to sell once the new camera comes through.

:thumbsup:

Going to be spending a day with my friend in Nagaoka over Golden Week, he has the following lenses that I'm really keen to try out

Nikkor 70-200m f2.8

Nikkor 300mm f2.8

Nikkor 85mm f1.4G

All pretty heavy duty pro lenses.

He says the 85mm is possibly his fave lens.

Should be fun!

Nice. If I'm not mistaken the 85mm is the one that is tops for portraits and producing delicious creamy-like backgrounds, right?

I see the very cheapest you can get that one is over 140,000 yen new.

It's not fair that all this is just so goddam expensive.

I'm sure it will be fun, see if you can't slip one of them in your bag!

Yeah, it looks super killer than one! The older versions aren't too expensive either, esp. the manual focus one.

If it's your mate's wedding or some other big occasion, you can always rent one for a few thousand yen. Probably best to rent a body as well, rather than stick it on dx.

Does look sweet, as they say.

Damn, my battery is one of the dud ones apparently (as announced last night). The Nikon line is engaged predictably this morning and so I'll have to try later. Hopefully they will give me a new one before wanting this one back....