The clever thing is that its not a fisheye. It hauls in light from both sides with minimal distortion, i.e., curving of straight lines. It makes it much more useable.

• Replies 475
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

no no : it looks really good with my Rolex Daytona. Sod the autofocus.

Are your lenses full frame? If not, you'd be better off replacing them if you buy a full frame body. Shooting dx lenses on a full frame body is a waste, given the cost of full frame bodies. With Niko

As Mr Wiggles said not a fisheye but a superb super wide angle.

I played with it in Niigata today, beautiful gorgeous thing it is.

That and the 70-200 VRII.

The shop were asking for 235,000 yen. I can get it online for about 185,000 yen.

I didn't play haggle but as much as I would like to come out of a shop with it in my hand, who in their right mind is going to pay 50,000 yen more?

Not a waste of time as I had a good look round, bought a nice new metal camera case box thingy, a few accessories and we ate well in Niigata.

:)

Not keen on the 'big city congestion' though. Just not used to it I suppose!

Have you decided to get that one then, muikabochi?

I was looking at lenses the other day as well. And yes they are very sexy things. Almost be afraid to take the things out of their boxes! :lol:

A lot of dough though, too much for my enjoyement I'm afraid.

Don't know.

They weren't friendly either, so sod them.

It must be difficult for shops, but with vastly different pricing like that they don't get a huge amount of sympathy from me.

The only DX lens I have left now is the 12-24mm (*if anyone wants it. Not put it up for sale yet, I need one lens for now!) :lol:

It is a fantastic lens, but as I will be replacing it, I won't be needing it.

Just look at this beauty of a lens

D3S_4394-1200.jpg

I had a go on this in my Nikon days. There is no filter for it (obviously) because of the bulge. Be very careful when handling it, the nano coating is magnificent, but exposed.

It is also very heavy. Do some body building work.

Of the holy trinity thingybobby, it sounds like the most fun one to me.

Now you've got 14mm on FX, you'll have to go back to Granview next season and capture it in its TRUE GLORY! ;)

:lol:

No doubt at the beginning I'll go through that 'too good to take it out' silly phase when I'm overprotective about new gear.

Anyone else have that?

The camera is supposed to be released on the 22nd I think so hopefully this time next week I'll be able to play around with all the new stuff.

Oh dear, wasn't planning on this.

Looks like even though I ordered very early on, there's not enough stock to go round - official for sale is tomorrow but going to have to wait by the looks.

:(. :(

Yes it is frustrating especially when there's hardly any word of this until just before everyone thinks they are due to get their package.

No-one seems to know about availability unfortunately, so I'm just going to have to sit tight and wait and hope it's not too long.

Not much else I can do.

Can't remember what it was but I once had something ordered at amazon and that annoyed me no end.

Right until the day or release they still had me down to receive it 'that day'.

Then, the day after I was still apparently supposed to actually get the thing, availability slipped unceremoniously by a full month!!

I was well pissed.

It may not totally have been amazon's fault, perhaps, but when you are waiting for gear you don't care about the details like that - you just want it.

It's not on letting people think that it is still due to come though right up until that very last minute.

I ordered a book in English from Japanese amazon the other day, but when I checked, it looks like its not going to come till next week. I was surprised how cheap it was, and now I know why.

That's a bummer about your camera. There's loads of buzz about it, so I hope you get yours soon.

Oh look!

Amazon just changed the status at 12:00am - exactly - to

一時的に在庫切れ; 入荷時期は未定です。注文確定後、入荷時期が確定次第、お届け予定日をEメールでお知らせします。万が一、入荷できないことが判明した場合、やむを得ず、ご注文をキャンセルさせていただくことがあります。商品の代金は発送時に請求いたします。

Not well pleased with their way of doing this.

:grandpa: