Amazing how quickly it all changes hey?

Utterly mad snow for a couple of weeks and then we are having some crazy heavy snow last night and this morning.

Nooooooooo! Don't touch that snow you miserable horrid rain! :grandpa:

Looks like it should be back to snow again soon though, so phew!

Back to snow the rest of this week before another bit of warm by the looks of unisys.

This rain has helped clear a few roofs round here, so it'll have done some folks a favour.

wow!! what a crazy turnaround!!!! I saw on the news this morning reports of avalanches onto some of the roads (didn't catch where), is this rain catasrophic for the snowpack stability?

was almost typhoon like today.....crazy assed rain, high winds and it was bloody hot....16 degrees when I was going to work this morning!!

16oC this morning OMG almost summer conditions that! Was 2oC this morning and it got up to 9oC here today, but already dropping off nicely!

Yeah they were saying on the news this evening that this rain on the snow is not good as it will create a hard crust when it refreezes tonight, making it difficult for the new snow to stick, so avalanches will be a big threat until it re-stabalisers.

was almost typhoon like today.....crazy assed rain, high winds and it was bloody hot....16 degrees when I was going to work this morning!!

16oC this morning OMG almost summer conditions that! Was 2oC this morning and it got up to 9oC here today, but already dropping off nicely!

I know!! I was sweating my ass off in my big warm coat......the inside of the cattle-car express that is the Tokaido line in morning rush hour was disgustingly sweaty

Seemore - if the temp drops tonight and it snows (forecast shows) think the mountain conditions will be good? Heading there tomorrow or thursday

Norcal

I am no Guru

But I have heard that a wet base with fluff on top is good.

I don't ski steep so no problems there and the trees should hold it back if it slips there a a few cracks arond but I don't think it is anything to worry about nearly got taken out by a roof slide today though as the french say "shute de neige" so don't park or stand under steep roofs.

If you are keen Norcal catch up I am not hard core but like nice turns and can show you a few decent short runs.

Seemore