Seeing as many of us Japan-based SJers are based in the education field, what has your experience been of the education system or work conditions in Japan?

One thing I have found, is that when I have been asked to cover another subject, eg Maths or Science, I tend to enjoy it more than my own field of English.

like if a teacher is off and they need someone else to step in and teach the kids........it doesn't happen to me tho.....think I'm a crap enough teacher at my own subject, they don't let me teach "real" courses! :lol:

im with the beaver, not only do they not get me to teach other classes (or even sit in on them), but when my coteach is ill they bench me and throw in the music teacher to cover the class. Its not a set up im particularly unhappy about though to be honest :)

Id love to teach philosophy and politics though. Id be an outstanding PP teacher.

ohhhhh man...I'm definitely burnt out on the whole teaching English thing, but I ALWAYS enjoy just hanging out with the kids (and playing dodge ball with my elem kiddos!!!)

Pretty sweet they let you teach/fill in for other subjects! Right On!

im with the beaver, not only do they not get me to teach other classes (or even sit in on them), but when my coteach is ill they bench me and throw in the music teacher to cover the class. Its not a set up im particularly unhappy about though to be honest :)

Id love to teach philosophy and politics though. Id be an outstanding PP teacher.

:lol:

well I don't team teach, I have them all to myself