ylsuper.gif

wow I just watched some vintage Warren Miller footage on Jsky "freezesports" I believe its called and....Damn.

Awesome....awesome footage of glorious snow, one segment was three women heliskiing in some superb area somewhere.

Follwed by 10000 of vert' in Russia (Mt Elbrus, 18000ft in the Caucasus Mts) and that was even better.

Man what an absolute powdermine that place is (Russia), isolated and fantastic terrain

and huge mountains I mean 18000ft mountains! wow we should all be heading there for our ski holidays, shame about volatile natives and politics.

But anyway it was fantastic stuff, drooled like a dogs at a butchers window.

I take my hat off to Warren Miller.....Legend

When I flew back to England, I went over Russia and the extent of the snow-covered terrain was simply terrifying. How anybody can live there I don't know. But there were mountains that were just begging to have a couple of gondolas built on them - maybe one up each side - giving access to vast expanses of deep snow.

When I build my resort, I'll build it in Russia. Put in the gondolas, a small airstrip, and have package deals including the flight and gondola pass. It'll be a killer! (literally I expect)