I've already been inundated with requests from people wanting to know how to get from Mt Granview to Ishiuchi Hanaoka.

Not sure if you could fit both of these mega-resorts into a few day - heck even a few days - but here we go:

http://www.snowjapan...velMode=DRIVING

They are just a few km away from each other. Bonus!

I've already been inundated with requests from people wanting to know how to get from Mt Granview to Ishiuchi Hanaoka.

Not sure if you could fit both of these mega-resorts into a few day - heck even a few days - but here we go:

http://www.snowjapan...velMode=DRIVING

They are just a few km away from each other. Bonus!

A gondola linking the two is just crying out to be built.

:thumbsup:

in my job as a Youth Worker in a high school back home, I used to take groups of 6-8 kids out every Thursday on Outdoor Education Programme. Along with an Instructor from the local Outdoor Ed. facility, we'd take the kids out and do various outdoor activities and sports. In winter we could go skiing. Sometimes we'd go to the proper ski area and ski there but other times the Outdoor Education Centre had an agreement with a local farmer that we could use his field. They had an old tractor engine rigged up with a rope pulley system, we'd set it up on the hill and start it up and voila....the kids had a tow rope to pull them up the hill!! :lol:

Was pretty cool actually

Er, no. I don't think so. ;)

:lol:

Any more undiscovered delights to discover in that area, muika?

Well, there's Hakkaisanroku and Itsukamachi in the area that I haven't been to yet.

But I think I will save them for another season, as fun an experience as these tiny places were, I feel the need to get some proper skiing in at decent sized places.

I took this from Maiko today showing you just how close they are and how easily a new 'mega-resort' could be created with the addition of a gondola.

Haven't fully thought through the marketing yet but what do you think? Time for a petition?

gallery_6744_134_246713.jpg

Here is a close up of Hanaoka from Maiko

gallery_6744_134_155682.jpg

You need a mascot. Something that suggests power and speed, yet is stylish and fun. And something indelibly linked with Mt. Minamiuonuma.

Taking the middle character from 南魚沼, I think the obvious choice is... a fish!

Need a graphic design wizard to work up some artwork. A fish poised kowabunga-style on a snowboard, with a wink and a raised thumb. A fish doing big air on skis -- a flying fish??

The gondola could be named the Uondola, 魚ンドラ. Or the Minamiuondola, depending on what the focus groups say.

Just putting some thoughts out there.