Well, to the best of my recollection this is what happened... I was cruising and only getting the occasional glimpse of where I was going because of the face shots. Usually I can take a mental snap shot of where I'm going so it's not much of a problem but this time I guess I was over-driving my headlights (you know when you drive too fast at night and you have no time to react to whatever comes into your line of sight?). To make matters worse what I thought were two trees was actually two branches of the same tree so when I tried to pass between the two branches the snow kind of fell away and I caught my front edge. Whoops!

Laugh all you want but just remember... chicks dig scars and I've got a cool new one to add to the collection ;)

I think one of the reasons I didn't really get hurt (aside from a cut across my temple, some chipped molars and a mild concussion...) was that I didn't really have time to stiffen up... I was riding pretty loose at the time. I actually kept the camera running and after shaking off the cobwebs for a minute or two I get a few more nice face shots on the way down. The accident actually happened on my third or fourth run of the first day out so there were a lot of good rides after that... and because of the minor brain damage from hitting the tree so hard I didn't remember to worry about having another accident so it was business as usual.