wicked stuff! seriously jealous at your either well timed edits, or on point edge control :) i still get spanked to hell under lifts when it starts getting chopped up. no probs for you though :) under the lift the straight into the trees at 100mph. :party:

Yeah, nice vid - think Im gonna need a fair bit more practice on the slopes before I produce something like that! Looks like its gonna continue to snow though, so hopefully plenty more practice to come...!

Here we go ...BM´s signature laid back chill :D :thumbsup:

But the man is basically straight lining in the trees . This is fast riding

It´s amazing he doesn´t get snagged by branches and goes over a hidden one under the pow ..

I´m sure he knows his trees and done this a few times BUT very narrow trees he charges into .. :omg:

Mybe there is something similar with surfboards and the Fish ... it´s happening and it´s great to see it on vid.

You guy´s had a ball ! Your missus is rockin ! Hell her it´s cool and no OSEJI

BM....looking good mate!! I've never been to Cortina but after yor vids, I wanna do a days riding there.......cracking music too....better than that thrash/skatey shite that gets tagged onto snowboard vids!! :clap:

Ain´it cool .. I keep on watching it over. My favorite at the moment.

Since I wrote some analysis of gozaimas, it´s only fair to comment on BM´s.

What makes his riding style unique is he makes it look easy ... well actually he is really working his board but he does it so relaxed you don´t notice it.

What I found useful, and it is a solution for ippy and me with the crud, is that he is constantly doing floaters.. I am not talking toilet lingo here, floater is how you skim the surfboard over mashed up aerated, bubbly surf.

To me, this is how he rides a fish and the advantage of the fish is that you don´t have to lean back to the tail more first and then put weight on the nose ... you are already on the tail, so BM slides his nose forward as soon as his nose break the surface, skims it flat and shifts his body slightly as if climbing a small stair. This adds forward momentum and reduces drag (brake) so he is sliding on the top longer ... he being a little heavier sinks but the Fish have that aeroplane wing lift effect (from big set back - tail sinks) and it lifts him and the nose breaks surface ...

What´s cool is he just doesn´t plow thru using his weight. He has a way of making himself lighter on the feet , but he has momentum so he doesn´t get snagged by branches. He is also doing little jump turns (from ski), too.

Yes Chris, you should have come! Next time.

Ippy, the only edits are the fades to white that you see. Everything else is unedited.

Jynxx, you are right that I know the area well... that being said, I had my first major accident while snowboarding since I put myself in the hospital 5 years ago. I didn't snagged a tree... I crashed straight into one. Thank goodness for helmets. Unfortunately, I did get a cut across my temple and a concussion from it :(. I'll post the video of it later!

BTW, the music is Todd Terje - Eurodans if you are interested ;)

Shit mate...

check your helmet and possibly replace it. I wonder snowboard helmets are like motorbike helmets? Replace it after you have a hit.

I think you better get padded up. Got anything from your hockey days ;)

I don´t have the nerve for trees ...

I have this weird feeling that ...my head and body clears the tree, but my knee might bangs into it...

Hey Chris. I've got a couple of days off from the 8th-12th but haven't made any firm plans yet. I would totally go this weekend but I've got some work to do and can't take a day... unless I can find a way of just not sleeping... ;)

Cool.. I'm thinking of going the 11th and 12th as well as the following weekend. The band has some gigs coming up at the end of the month so I have to do some juggling. Iwas thinking of going this weekend too but I decided to go up to Ochanomizu this Saturday to look at some fatter skis. The all mountains I have now only have an 80 mm waist so are a little narrow under foot for the deeper conditions like last weekend.

incidentally, where did you guys get the clip for the pole cam. Actually maybe you bought the full set (pole included). Im sick of seeing clips in first person. Id like to see my bails from a more outward position so i can really catch that "ohhhh shit!!!" face when i realise its happening to me :)

but where? but where? The only place that has go pro stuff near me (and im amazied it does), only has the RATHER EXPENSIVE goody bag of 2 more clips and 2 more helmet sticky mount things for a rather ridiculous 3000 yen (i bought it because i cbf ordering it from the US).

Hey great vid, last sunday at Cortina was definitely deep! We also had an amazing day there.

Next time I see you I'll shout abit louder and get your name right this time. (-:

Would love to join you on some of those tree runs!