There's not a whole lot of choice beyond what's in the resort hotels.There's a reasonable choice though of Japanese, French, Italian and Chinese cuisine. As well as the all you can eat 'viking' buffet style that's common in Japan. Add to that a few cafes and bars you'll not go hungry that's for sure. I don't really have any recommendations. Maybe you can give us a review after your trip! ;)

There is a small strip of places, maybe 5? different places, just north of the resort that are significantly cheaper than eating in the resort. If you are going with a group, make sure to book for these places as they are all very small. Behind this small strip there is a place called pirateman, good gyoza there :friend:

Inside the resort we found that there is a place called Kakashi at the bottom of the highland lodge, it is advertised as a tavern, a fair bit cheaper than the main resort restaurants, athough you may have to wait for a table to become available, I don't think they take reservations. The all you can eat BBQ place is quite good too, athough the ventilation leaves a little to be desired, best to wear clothes that you are planning to wash as they will smell of BBQ smoke after you eat there. We never ate at the main French/Japanese/Italian restaurants.

• Like 1

The Seiko Mart has some good options.

We ate at the Hotel (Tower) a few times and at the Italian (I don't rate pasta ) the kids prefered the spaghetti at the seikomart.

Gozaimaas just let us know on a different thread about a couple of places

When you there Dyna?

Seemore

Hi

we got back last and tried out the restaurants just north(?) of the hotel and they were great, the only one i know the name of is Pirateman, and the American guy that runs it is a good guy. We also ate another small one down that way (up the stairs with the blue lights) and it was very good, just a husband and wife about 20 seats.

From the entrance of the hotel (near the talking tree), walk through the car park and between two of the buildings, down the road and turn left, to get to Pirateman, and out to the main road and turn left for the others, it is about 100m. Much better and a half of the price of the hotel food. We also did the BBQ thing and as long as you are early the smoke isnt too bad.

TC

• Like 1

We ate at the Hotel (Tower) a few times and at the Italian (I don't rate pasta ) the kids prefered the spaghetti at the seikomart.

When you there Dyna?

Seemore

Yes, for a cheap meal you can't beat the Seicomart :sj-lol:

Are you getting breakfasts included in your accomodation Dyna? If you are, the western breakfast option doesn't open until 8am, but the buffet opens at 7 am. The buffet gets very busy by 7.30, it is best to get in before this time, or after 8 if you are sleeping in. The western breakfast option is a set menu with soup, eggs, bacon, sausage, salad, bread and jam, yogurt and fruit, served as 4 seperate courses, full silver service. It is quite funny to see the staff wearing suits and the concierge wearing a tux, when everyone eating in there is wearing snow pants, slippers or boot liners and t-shirts.

The buffet option has various western and Japanese breakfast dishes, and french fries and chicken nuggets :sj-lol:

Thanks very much everyone!

Finally was able to book the tour, had some problems but all sorted out now. Will be staying at the Rusutsu Resort (not Tower) with breakfast included.

Will be there February 9 to 12th.

Seemore, guess I will miss you?

When you there Dyna?

Seemore

Thanks for the intel.

I did a search but could not find the thread...

When you there Dyna?

Seemore

Thanks for the intel.

I did a search but could not find the thread...

Pretty much same as what TDC says pirateman and the restaurant with the fairy lights just out the front.

I will take photos of the menu and post a reveiw.

3 days and it looks like a lot of snow :p

Seemore