The general 'Japan earthquake' topic

There wa an article in the paper my wife saw saying that throughout hstory after a big Tohoku quake like the one we had last year always within 10 years Fuji blows her top and this has happened 100% of the time. So if thats the case then we have at most 9 years before this happens.

Someone make a pie crust to divert away the flow...

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Muika, he is apparently going for 10 days. He is not the most communicative so all she knows is 10 days, 7 with a family in Shizuoka and 3 in Tokyo. He is not organized in the slightest, so I ran he

My instinct for big earthquakes pre-training   Stand around Shit my pants Phew   After Pick up son and grab wife Get earthquake kit Dive under table Shit my pants

That would indeed be a sickner

:lol:

That 10 year later stat was on that Megaquake program the other day. It also said that after the Tohoku one, the other two biggies near Tokyo area and then off Western Japan happen fairly soon.

All good news!

Do they have all the warnings and popups on tv before/during/after a quake in Aussie?

Australia is busy rebuilding right now, KlingKlang. I'm sure one of the workers will get back once that has been complete.

Do they have all the warnings and popups on tv before/during/after a quake in Aussie?

Australia is busy rebuilding right now, KlingKlang. I'm sure one of the workers will get back once that has been complete.

The rebuilding effort is almost complete... I mean the safety paperwork to put that chair back upright has almost been approved... watch this space.

And to answer the original question, I am pretty sure there aren't the warnings on TV like you guys over there get.

Just when you can almost stick them to the back of your mind, a shakey one comes and brings it right back to the front.

M5.4 Tokyo, shindo 4.

My daughter told me about it this evening, was only a 2 here in Yamanashi. I didn't feel anything was outside at the time.

Recently they had calmed down too. I guess mother nature doesn't want us to forget whose boss!

From the NZ herald:

A large earthquake has been felt across the North and South Islands tonight.

The 7.0 magnitude quake was centred 60 km south-west of Opunake at a depth of 230 kilometres, GNS Science said.

The earthquake was felt across the North Island from Taranaki to Bay of Plenty, down to Wellington and as far south as Canterbury.

The earthquake was heavily felt in Wellington city where many residents took to social media sites to report of a long, rumbling quake.

The Wellington Region Emergency Management Office has said there is no tsunami threat from tonight's earthquake.

A Fire Service spokesman said there had been no reports of significant damage yet.

"It is at a depth of 257 kms [the initial depth given by GNS], which means we are pretty lucky at the moment."

A small aftershock of magnitude 3.8 struck 15 km east of Christchurch just after 11pm.