The general 'Japan earthquake' topic

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Muika, he is apparently going for 10 days. He is not the most communicative so all she knows is 10 days, 7 with a family in Shizuoka and 3 in Tokyo. He is not organized in the slightest, so I ran he

My instinct for big earthquakes pre-training   Stand around Shit my pants Phew   After Pick up son and grab wife Get earthquake kit Dive under table Shit my pants

That would indeed be a sickner

So a 21m tsunami is predicted.

Under what circumstances?

I believe they have upped the potential size of that "3 big ones go off at the same time" earthquake down in western Japan to a Mag 9 and the new numbers are based on that.

And in places on the coast of Shikoku the estimate is 34m.

http://www.yomiuri.co.jp/science/news/20120331-OYT1T00526.htm

Blumming heck it's total overkill on the telly at the moment.

All the lunchtime thingies were all over it again.

I perhaps suggest some emergency "domes" around all of the nuclear plants. To be made immediately.

Nothing to do with seasons, snowjunky. It's just co-indidence or otherwise.

Sometimes before a big one there is a relatively quiet period. I'm not saying thats what it is now, just it has sometimes been the case.

Anyway its good to see things relatively calm at the moment!

A strong earthquake has hit Mexico, shaking buildings and sending people running out of offices onto the streets of the capital.

The US Geological Survey said the magnitude 7.0 quake was centred off Mexico's Pacific coast.

It struck at a depth of 65 kilometres and was 26 kilometres west-south-west from Arteaga.

Mexico City mayor Marcelo Ebrard said on his Twitter account there were no initial signs of serious damage and that key services in the capital, including its subway system and the international airport, were functioning.

It is the third major quake to hit Mexico in less than a month. A magnitude 7.4 quake struck on March 20, damaging hundreds of buildings in the south-west.

Just moments earlier, a magnitude 5.9 earthquake struck off the coast of Oregon in the north-west United States.

It was followed a minute later by a smaller quake off the coast of central California, the US Geological Survey said.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Centre said the US quakes were unlikely to trigger a tsunami.

It was not immediately known whether the quakes caused any damage or casualties.

Edit: ah yes, same one!

End of the world. Later this year. Come on, study up Rob!

But the Mayans didn't include leap years in their original calculations. So in fact the end of the world should be October 6th right? :p