The general 'Japan earthquake' topic

Nikko west Tochigi that kind of area.

A fair wobble here, seems like it was shindo 3. I did my 'instant outside and get in car, go for a bit of a drive with the telly on to find out more' thing, I don't like hanging around.

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Muika, he is apparently going for 10 days. He is not the most communicative so all she knows is 10 days, 7 with a family in Shizuoka and 3 in Tokyo. He is not organized in the slightest, so I ran he

My instinct for big earthquakes pre-training   Stand around Shit my pants Phew   After Pick up son and grab wife Get earthquake kit Dive under table Shit my pants

That would indeed be a sickner

Love the way on the news they say that there is no reports of anything coming from the nuclear plants.

That's re-assuring!

No news because hey have been evaporated by vapours and big globs of glowing green goo!!!!

:veryshocked:

Someone I knew went up there the other week on a Tuesday, said it was very quiet.

Then again, mosrt places are weekdays I suppose.

It needs to be great to get people to drive up there, I suppose. Would like to give it a mid season go.

• 2 weeks later...

2 years ago tomorrow.

Images and video clips still set me off. And to think, some of the preventative measures that they had made, for example the breakwaters around minami-sanrikushi, were later found out to be effectively useless, blows my mind.

Hasn't it just?

Crazy to think how things have changed in some respect, yet in others e.g. political corruption and effective distribution of funds, haven't. Still suprised that two years on, people are still living in those "shanty" towns.

• 3 weeks later...

There was some programme on last night that had a bit on Fuji-san and when it might explode.

At least it seems there's some kind of real advance notice with volcanoes more than quakes. That's what I understood from it anyway. They were talking real fast.

There was some programme on last night that had a bit on Fuji-san and when it might explode.

At least it seems there's some kind of real advance notice with volcanoes more than quakes. That's what I understood from it anyway. They were talking real fast.

It wasnt happening as they spoke, was it??