The general 'Japan earthquake' topic

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Muika, he is apparently going for 10 days. He is not the most communicative so all she knows is 10 days, 7 with a family in Shizuoka and 3 in Tokyo. He is not organized in the slightest, so I ran he

My instinct for big earthquakes pre-training   Stand around Shit my pants Phew   After Pick up son and grab wife Get earthquake kit Dive under table Shit my pants

That would indeed be a sickner

He's mobile alright, just that a shindo 4 at 1:30am is enough to wake him up.

As you know with kids, and sleeping dogs, let them lie if you value your precious time. ;)

whee, that was fun. Im claiming that one as my first proper 4 then since the last one was a paltry 3. Was actually on the running machine at the gym at the time. Kinda fun. But because it was my first earthquake in there i had no idea if the tvs were going mental because the structure was relatively unsound or not :p

There's been a few moderate ones more inland, north of Tokyo/Saitama area of late.

:(

It was a 1 here apparently and I was upstairs but didn't feel it.

I'm sure the machine that does the readings for Muikamachi must be positioned on top of a huge supply of jelly or something.

Was OK.

Just generally saying that under Japan has been seriously screwed up by March 11th last year and we could be in for a prolonged period of big activity.

Under Tokyo (convincing arguments) and it wouldn't be too surprising to see Fuji blow her load. And other volcanos.

Basically, we're doomed! :lol:

:doh:

Let's face it, Tokyo has been overdue a big one for quite a few years now, historically speaking.

And with last year distorting all those rock thingies something bad, we shouldn't be surprised that a big quake hitting Tokyo is very probably going to happen sometime soon.

That Megaquake series is quite interesting, though they could do without the "drama" bits and equally dramatic music throughout.

It's funny I think people have said that Tokyo is overdue for quite a while now. The recent events seems to have brought that forward somewhat.

But really other than having a grab bag etc, what preparation can be done by you and me?

That Megaquake series is quite interesting, though they could do without the "drama" bits and equally dramatic music throughout.

It's funny I think people have said that Tokyo is overdue for quite a while now. The recent events seems to have brought that forward somewhat.

But really other than having a grab bag etc, what preparation can be done by you and me?

I don't suppose anything will cover the panic and fear of when it happens.

Having said that, getting people to get closets and stuff fixed to the walls and things like that is a good start.

a flippant comment made to me by a mate actually made me think.......on the subject of Fuji blowing her load, he said "I should invest in a boat, as there'll be no flights leaving Tokyo". I hadn't actually thought about that before, I wonder how most of the airports would cope....Iceland's volcanic explosion really messed up flights for most of the northern hemisphere!!

Well, apparently if Fuji did blow her wad, so to speak, the wind would more than likely be taking it over Tokyo within a few hours.

Planes would be well and truly grounded.

Get a rubber dinghy, Tubby. Cheaper than a boat.

There wa an article in the paper my wife saw saying that throughout hstory after a big Tohoku quake like the one we had last year always within 10 years Fuji blows her top and this has happened 100% of the time. So if thats the case then we have at most 9 years before this happens.

well she had a short trip over to Thailand for a small "op" and they managed to make the outward bitties look all nice and girlish but the inside plumbling is still all manly!!