The general 'Japan earthquake' topic

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Muika, he is apparently going for 10 days. He is not the most communicative so all she knows is 10 days, 7 with a family in Shizuoka and 3 in Tokyo. He is not organized in the slightest, so I ran he

My instinct for big earthquakes pre-training   Stand around Shit my pants Phew   After Pick up son and grab wife Get earthquake kit Dive under table Shit my pants

That would indeed be a sickner

Oh what fun. There does seem to be a lot of earthquake stuff going on, 3-11 anniversary aside.

Anyone else answer 'earthquakes' when asked what they least like about Japan?

We had a shindo 3 here last night around mindnight - Tokamachi/Tsunan/Sakae, so I presume an 'aftershock' from 3/12.

They were saying on the news last night that it might be years, or even decades, before the ground calms down to pre-3/11 state. Or something along those lines.

That's that big boxed area they often show hey.

But there are areas inland that since 3-11 have become significantly more 'active' than they were before that date - some area of Akita, east Chiba, Shizuoka, north Nagano, Gifu - that they seem to be saying are related even though they are out of that zone.

The force of that m9 was just so massive that it has just changed things up in lots of areas it seems.

The report I saw the other day the guy was saying that it might literally take decades before things calm down back to pre 3-11 levels.

That was a big one.

Mag 6.8

Didn't feel anything here. The tsunami warning is going understandably crazy and telling people to move away from all sources of water.

Two big ones this evening

:(

Felt that here, more of a slight wobble though.

The 9pm news alert scared me more than the actual thing, I hate those things... Full on panic in an instant.