The general 'Japan earthquake' topic

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Muika, he is apparently going for 10 days. He is not the most communicative so all she knows is 10 days, 7 with a family in Shizuoka and 3 in Tokyo. He is not organized in the slightest, so I ran he

My instinct for big earthquakes pre-training   Stand around Shit my pants Phew   After Pick up son and grab wife Get earthquake kit Dive under table Shit my pants

That would indeed be a sickner

On my drive in every morning I have an up close and personal view of Fuji...like BM and Snowdude. Yes, whenever I see a pillow cloud I think.....that's cool...followed by ....we're in for stormy weather. First time hearing about the earth quake predictions though.

They are called lenticular clouds if you want to look them up for more pics from around the world. They are quite common around high mountain peaks and ranges throughout the world. Even Australia's little mountains get them occasionally. Such clouds have from time to time been mistaken for UFO's. They are a very normal meteorological phenomena and have no relation whatsoever to earthquakes (at least from a scientific point of view).

Here's some more extremely cool ones.

cloud3.jpg

Lenticular_cloud-2.jpg

9.jpg

Another scary story to add to the pile.

There sure seems to be a ton of 'chatter' right now.

内閣府は2012年度から、首都直下地震対策を見直し、関東大震災(1923年)のような相模トラフ沿いで起こるプレート境界型の巨大地震についても対策を検討する。

l1x1-0d3a1fb758df89fe76286575fa2fbffc9ae83d03.gif

13年春をめどに、震度分布や津波の高さの想定をまとめる。

相模トラフ沿いのマグニチュード(M)8級地震は200~400年間隔で起こると考えられ、今後100年以内に発生する可能性が極めて低いことから、これまでは検討の対象外だった。しかし、東日本大震災が防災上の想定を超えた規模だったことを教訓に、考えられる最大規模の地震を対象に加えることにした。

また、これまでの首都直下地震対策の対象である東京湾北部や立川断層などを震源とするM7級の18タイプの地震についても、最新の研究成果を踏まえ、被害想定を見直す。今年度まで続いている文部科学省の重点調査では、海のプレート(岩板)が陸のプレートの下に潜り込む深さが、従来の想定より5~10キロ浅いことなどが判明。これまでよりも震度の想定が大きくなる可能性がある。

(2012年2月4日20時34分読売新聞)

The Cabinet prefecture from 2012, takes a second look capital city falling perpendicularly earthquake measure, examines measure concerning the enormous earthquake of the plate boundary type which happens with the Sagami trough paralleling like Kanto large earthquake disaster (1923).  With the goal of the spring of 13, seismic intensity distribution and supposition of height of the tidal wave are collected.  The possibility magnitude (M) 8 class earthquakes of the Sagami trough paralleling being thought, that 200~400 year every other with it happens, in the future occurring within 100 years quite from low thing, so far was outside the object of examination. But, we had decided to add earthquake of the maximum scale which being the scale where east Japanese large earthquake disaster exceeds the supposition with respect to prevention of disasters in teaching, is thought to the object.  Damage supposition is taken a second look on the basis of the up-to-date research result, in addition, concerning the earthquake of 18 types of M7 class which designates Tokyo bay north section and the Tachikawa fault etc which are the object of former capital city falling perpendicularly earthquake measure as the seismic center. In importance investigation of the education scientific ministry which is continued to this year, the depth where the plate (rock board) of the sea enters under the plate of the land is ascertained, the fact that among other things 5~10 kilometer it is shallower than former supposition. There is a possibility supposition of former compared to seismic intensity becoming large.

You know what we have the 9 o'clock news on here and that bloody annoying tv alert thing went off.

NIIGATA!

Panic heartbeat cartoon style for a minute or two, but we didn't actually feel anything here.