From the locations in some of your profiles I'm assuming that lots of you have to use snow tyres. Coming from the North of NZ I know nothing about snow tyres.

Does anyone have any recommendations as to good brands/types, or any brands/types to avoid.

My car uses 205/55R16, anyone else use that size and have something, either good or bad, to say about their snow tyres.

Thanks

Mine do a good job for me and obviously I need them living in Minamiuonuma, but I can't even admit to knowing the make.

My local garage, a friend works there, recommended them and I basically went with his recommendation.

Is there much difference between the major suppliers?

I think Chriselle is the expert on these things if I remember correctly.

I use Bridestone as these were recommended to me as being the only tyre that doesnt harden up after a few seasons therefore remain grippy! Other makes tend to harden up! This Is what I have been told by many places including Mitsubishi when I bought my car. Up til now I have been happy with them I used them on my previous car too. Also better to use a high walled tyre rather than a low profile type as well. I uuse 18 inch rims for summer tyres and only 16 inch rims for winter but with a 75 high profile tyre.

Glad that helped, it was actually kind of hard to find using the search...

Blizzaks are supposedly the most popular/best selling tire.

Maybe one of these days should do an unofficial tally of the cars in the parking lot. ;-)