;)

Swiss police say thieves took a 100kg safe from a youth hostel in a ski resort and apparently used a stolen snowboard to make off with it.

Police in the Swiss canton of Graubünden said someone broke into the building in Valbella, in the south-east of the country, on Monday night or in the early hours of Tuesday.

They took the safe from the hostel's office, along with an unspecified quantity of cash and cheques. A snowboard was also taken and police said in a statement that they believe it was used to transport the safe.

Police appealed for information from anyone who might have seen anything suspicious.

Sounds to me like a snowboarder was the innocent victim of theft of their property which was then used to perpetrate another crime.

Bit like when some unsavoury peeps paid us a nocturnal visit, grabbed keys and cash and made off with our car, then used it in a series of ram raids for a few days before being caught.

Sounds to me like a snowboarder was the innocent victim of theft of their property which was then used to perpetrate another crime.

Bit like when some unsavoury peeps paid us a nocturnal visit, grabbed keys and cash and made off with our car, then used it in a series of ram raids for a few days before being caught.

Probably scoundrel snowboarders as well MB................you know what they are like :)

Speaking of douchebag skiers, yesterday I had the chance to show a fine group of five skiers some fine powder in Hakkoda. They were a fun group to hang out with (Chris, if you see this, send me a note).

Every pot smoking snowboarded should get a douche bag skier asigned to them to help break trail :lol:

Speaking of douchebag skiers, yesterday I had the chance to show a fine group of five skiers some fine powder in Hakkoda. They were a fun group to hang out with (Chris, if you see this, send me a note).

Every pot smoking snowboarded should get a douche bag skier asigned to them to help break trail :lol:

I'm Chris...do you want me to send you a note...?? :)

One of the most impressive displays of skill I have seen was a skier, with the heels unlocked, coming down the mogul field in hakkoda at full speed and without even using the poles (not on the moguls themselves but on the chopped to hell area next to it). He didn't even look like he was straining himself, just in a hurry to get back to the gondola.