Muikamachi Hakkai-san (Minamiuonuma, Niigata) - 18th January 2012

No worries, I'm have a heck of a lot of fun taking them!

Maiko or Hakkai? Hmmm. I like both.

Obviously, will depend on what you want as they both offer a different experience but I think I would generally prefer Maiko.

Not mad on the hassle of the Ropeway at Hakkai myself.

Maiko is easier to get to as well.

Hakkai-san has by far the better original t-shirts though. ;)

Oh yes and beer!!

Maiko and ishiuchi are much easier to get to from Tokyo than hakkaisan,which involves a change to the local trains and then bus.

Will report back on Saturday after muika has shared some of his remaining akiaji with me. :p

I'm a bit concerned about those moguls........I hate moguls. Also the ungroomed stuff looks like it really needs a top up.....nothing much on the radar for this week eh? hmm.....a friend is going up to Kagura on saturday but I dunno if I wanna ride about on chopped up crud. It is forecast for a dusting on saturday....decisions, decisions!!

I won tix for Minamiuonuma as well, plan on going up to use them on the 1st of Feb as I'm off and its a weekday.....hope the snow comes back before then

Snow was pretty good actually, Tubby.

No complaints there.

You can avoid the moguls, no worries.

I never ski down that mogul course in the shot there.

And there's a lot of trees to play in as well.

Definitely worth a visit.

As for this weekend who knows. Not looking too good but the forecast seems to be generally wrong all the time anyway. :lol:

But if it's raining down below, I would imagine any snow higher up is a bit wet and heavy.

Fingers crossed it doesn't work like that.

yeah...I can wait until friday before booking the shink so I'll do that.........like I mentioned in another thread, kags and Naeba look to be ok anyway with the forecast as they are much higher, with their base stations about where the freezing level is forecast to be. I've become more and more a snow snob, if its not really nice blower snow then I think its crap.....should really stop thinking that way!! :D

I'm a bit concerned about those moguls........I hate moguls. Also the ungroomed stuff looks like it really needs a top up.....nothing much on the radar for this week eh? hmm.....a friend is going up to Kagura on saturday but I dunno if I wanna ride about on chopped up crud. It is forecast for a dusting on saturday....decisions, decisions!!

I won tix for Minamiuonuma as well, plan on going up to use them on the 1st of Feb as I'm off and its a weekday.....hope the snow comes back before then

Me too - going to use them at the end of Feb over two days. ;)