How to do a duck right like they do chicken in KFC?

I'm just a beginner in regular, and having some trouble with my fakie.

I thought that a ducky stance would be more easier for fakie.

So I changed from 18/6 to 15/-15 and went to try on the snow.

After several forward runs, my right knee felt really uncomfortable and even ached sometimes.

What's problem? Please give me some advice, thanks.

My advice ...

Try and find the stance width and duck angle you like. It might take you a week ;)

Duck doesn´t mean you gotta set them at the same plus/minus angle

Try +15 and - 6 ...

and get on the nose side feet - you probably get a bit scared and get on the tail side...

Good luck

Duck starts at +3/-3 and can get crazy from there. My duck is +21/-15.

Your front used to be +18 so I would start with +18 on the front. For the back start mellow at say -6.

Duck is not only the angles, chances are you will need to widen your stance to aleviate the stress on the knee. Also, nothing removes strain better than canted binding beds.

Thank you all for the advices.

Maybe I made too much change on the angle of right foot.

I'll try 18/-6 later with difference stance width.

Jynxx is right, I was a little scared, and put too much weight on the tail side, perhaps that's why I just felt uncomfortable with my uphill leg :(

My advice ...

Try and find the stance width and duck angle you like. It might take you a week ;)

Duck doesn´t mean you gotta set them at the same plus/minus angle

Try +15 and - 6 ...

and get on the nose side feet - you probably get a bit scared and get on the tail side...

Good luck

Duck starts at +3/-3 and can get crazy from there. My duck is +21/-15.

Your front used to be +18 so I would start with +18 on the front. For the back start mellow at say -6.

Duck is not only the angles, chances are you will need to widen your stance to aleviate the stress on the knee. Also, nothing removes strain better than canted binding beds.

for thems thats confused...

Duck stance just means your bindings are pointing out towards the tip and tail of the board. So the binding closest to the tail is pointing towards the tail, and the binding closest to the tip is pointing to the tip.

The OP is asking how to get his stance as good as "KFC make chicken", Which is arguably the source of confusion most people are having since KFC make shitty chicken. Is it even chicken in fact? It looks like they took a bone, then built the *stuff* (7 parts grease, 2 parts paper mache and 1 part chicken 'flavor') around it. They then drowned it in a salty coating with some secret herbs and spices (salt, sugar, breadcrumbs and probably some actual herb flavourings - oh, and coloring).

Dial in your own stance dude. If it doesnt work for you, try something else.

Heres my super secret formula for dialing in my stance:

Will i be likely to actively ride switch today?

If yes: 15, -9. If no: 18, -6 (or 21, -6 if im feeling especially frisky).

Thats the angles... :)

Heres my next one:

Do i expect pow?

If yes, SETBACK.

If no, center.

UNLESS, its on my charlie in which case unless its puking, ill probably just leave it centered because a) it already has a ready made setback built into it anyway, and B) it'll cruise over all but the shallowest gradient sticky pow with ease regardless of my stance... and i like riding centered on my charlie because its AWESOME not tail waggling.

Now for width...

Do i plan on riding boxes and rails today?

No. Erm... that was easy. Normal stance width thanks.

My stance is now dialed in :)

I personally never go beyond 15, -15 because it kills my knees. And only when i want to be loooooooooooow down (i used to ride my airobic at 15, -15 and with a very wide stance - its kinda groovy in truth).

Oh, that reminds me.

Rotating highbacks and forward lean.

Rotating your highbacks just means twisting the highbacks round (most bindings will let you tweak this), so that theyre parallel (or close to parallel) with the board (if you viewed it directly above). Its a tweak, but it helps you get a bit more response (particularly from your heel edge) and lets you move a little more freely (side to side rather than edge to edge) than you do if you just throw in a duck stance and start riding (though as mentioned above it also feels better edge to edge as well). I reckon it also helped my knees in truth, but that sounds anti-intuitive since a rotated highback actually twists your leg before you even start riding (but i think its more the tiny twist of a rotated highback versus the resistance you get in normal movement when youre trying to move laterally on your board).

Another thing to think about is dialing in maybe a spot of forward lean. On my left foot (my back foot - im goofy) i have a little bit of forward lean just to give it a bit more power. Ive tinkered with it a bit over the last couple of years and it feels a little better than just having both leaning forward or neither leaning forward.

Then again, i ride kinda twisted (a bit too much rudder control for my own good - i have to actively concentrate sometimes to center it), which is why i have shitty balance at the end of the day. But its also why i have a decent amount of pop in my ride i guess :)