• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG!! - Mick might have been on it when she sat down Hellooooooooo................Mick, are you in there mate?

Might be the only way Mick could slip out

Ponder no more pie-eater. Bond knows it's Blofeld, it's only Blofeld that takes a while to cotton on. It's Bond's disguise, you see. Becoming an Aussie, wearing glasses and speaking dubbed over does

Its a throwback to colder evolutionary times when tires needed hair......now hair on a tire is evolutionary insignificant and they are slowly being weeded out of the gene pool.

:lol:

I have wondered that before myself actually though. I thought, not knowing anything, that it may be just the way the moulds (sp?) work or something.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Best thing - get away from it all - where NOBODY else goes, otherwise, "it all" just follows you around!

NFI, will possibly travel out there October. 5 days drive with 4WD and caravan. Stop where you want, drive as far as you want, 2 week round trip.

Planning (at the moment) dependent on other stuff like work etc!

Seriously far from most anywhere, though! Nice and remote.

Fly to Darwin ... drive a few hours ... look a bit ... drive a few hours ... fly home. Easy!

(for you!)

For me, drive 5 days, look a bit, drive 5 days home.

Mind you, we are planning a side trip to King's Canyon and a few other things around the place.

For a trip to the "rock" - you'd lose a lot if that was all you saw! There's a whole lot of empty space, special animals, sights and scenery to see. Well worth a week in the Red Centre!

I heard you have to check in and register at a pub to write down where you go so's they could call the police if you don't check back within the stated time.

Sounds like a good plan.

Yep, driving out there is fraught. IF the vehicle breaks down, you should NEVER EVER leave it. So long as there's someone expecting you at a specific place at a specific time, then the alarm should be sounded before you die of thirst, provided you are still with the car, and still on your planned track.

Of course, you should have plenty of water, food and fuel for the trip plus some extra "just in case".

I can't remember doing that when I was there. Our car broke down on the way back as well, our electronics failed so the alternator wouldn't charge the battery as we drove. We were travelling with another car and every 10mins they had to jump start us again but they were running low on fuel!! They had to make a dash for Alice to get petrol and then come back for us. We continued along as much as we could, flagging down a couple of cars to give us a buzz then we were off. Light was failing as well and it was getting a bit dicey. We got back to town JUST but it was dark and we couldn't drive with any lights as that instantly drained the battery!! It was proper wacky races

On my trip to the territory last year I think I spotted your old car Tubby.

It's still in not bad condition, just drop a new alternator into her and away you go.

dan-20121123211627305228-620x349.jpg