I have a bottle of that Pomace Oil in my kitchen!! Are you saying we're not meant to consume it?

Not me saying it, Tubby! Have a look at http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/faq/olivepomoilqa/#.UMvVLnf4KSo

where they answer questions about olive pomace oil.

The technical definitions of the grades of olive oil are here at http://www.internationaloliveoil.org/web/aa-ingles/oliveWorld/aceite.html

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

OMG!! - Mick might have been on it when she sat down Hellooooooooo................Mick, are you in there mate?

Might be the only way Mick could slip out

Ponder no more pie-eater. Bond knows it's Blofeld, it's only Blofeld that takes a while to cotton on. It's Bond's disguise, you see. Becoming an Aussie, wearing glasses and speaking dubbed over does

koko,

Pumice is a stone, you silly billy! But easier to get oil out of it than blood! :rolleyes:

To get oil from pomace ...

You have to have a fairly huge amount of pomace.

Then you have to chuck it into a vat with some fairly nasty chemicals that will dissolve the oil, filter the solid residue off, because it has no oil in it.

Then evaporate off the chemicals and what remains is pomace oil. They usually distill the chemicals so they can be reused.

Black olives also come in jars

JA, what is pomace oil used for if its not meant for human consumption.....even although shops round my but sell it.

I'm not the great JA, but I'd just like to say that Pomace oil is meant to represent an olive oil healthy polyunsaturated, unclogged arterial life at half the price of EVOO. That is why it is placed next to the EVOO at half the price.

But instead it could give you cancer.

lso

Black olives also come in jars

JA, what is pomace oil used for if its not meant for human consumption.....even although shops round my but sell it.

I'm not the great JA, but I'd just like to say that Pomace oil is meant to represent an olive oil healthy polyunsaturated, unclogged arterial life at half the price of EVOO. That is why it is placed next to the EVOO at half the price.

But instead it could give you cancer.

TBH, I'd never be bothered with pomace oil, even if I did have to buy oil. Lucky, I have a reasonable supply of good quiality oil.

Because pomace oil is a chemically derived product, there is always the potential for adulteration, purposeful or accidental, with the chemicals used. In addition, the process does not get the healthy components into the oil, so there's no health benefits of the oil as compared with - say - canola or cottonseed oils, both of which are extracted from the seeds by chemical extraction.

Pepperoni is an Italian-American variety of salami (a dry sausage) usually made from cured pork and beef.

Koko I can't believe you have only just discovered pepperoni - You must have you been in a coma or led a very sheltered life :sjcool: