So I went to Kagura last Monday (public holiday) and took along my new GoPro camera - unfortunately, most of the footage I took was quite useless - I chest mounted the camera most of the time but once I started skiing, it ended up pointing downwards and I just got loads of footage of my skis! Anyway, with the usable footage I did take, I put together this rather laid back video - no crazy steeps, no deep powder, no big jumps or fancy tricks, in fact, nothing gnarly at all, just an easy day skiing in the sunshine! ;)

Kagura [in Slo-Mo]

And for those who prefer pics - here's a few snaps I took - I have to say, I know nothing about photography and I took these on my iphone so....

• Like 1

I like the slo-mo.....very leisurely..........which trees did yo stick to? Some of the photos show the face that towers above the top lift that only opens in Feb-March.....did you venture out thatway or stay in resort? I like cruising the trees directly below the regular season top lift, ride em down to the left where it cuts onto the cat track from the late season top lift and then into the trees at the left there as well, eventually coming out just above the Gondola

I like the slo-mo.....very leisurely..........which trees did yo stick to? Some of the photos show the face that towers above the top lift that only opens in Feb-March.....did you venture out thatway or stay in resort? I like cruising the trees directly below the regular season top lift, ride em down to the left where it cuts onto the cat track from the late season top lift and then into the trees at the left there as well, eventually coming out just above the Gondola

Pretty much everything was in-resort, I think - I did go into the exact area you mentioned a few times, but Im not sure if its in the video - perhaps a bit of the helmet-cam stuff was filmed there. The other tree stuff was coming down either the left or right side of the Panorama course.

Pretty much everything was in-resort, I think - I did go into the exact area you mentioned a few times, but Im not sure if its in the video - perhaps a bit of the helmet-cam stuff was filmed there. The other tree stuff was coming down either the left or right side of the Panorama course.

ah yeah I like that area as well, although that was where I got stuck the other week and had to swim my way out

Yeah, its not really steep enough down there after a really big dump - a friend of mine got stuck around there for 45 minutes! I had to go and ski tracks for him so he could lie on his snowboard and paddle out surfer style!!

• SnowJapan Admin

It does open on lots of days, Tubby Beaver, but not early in the morning. They do checking on it or something and open it up later on in the day.

I think we perhaps need to make that clearer on the reports, will make sure it gets a mention.

• SnowJapan Admin

It was open when I was there on Monday. I think they dont open it until it has plenty of snow down there.

Yes it takes a while to open in the season.

And a few times I have been in the past it seems to be closed for no reason I can make out.

Nice vid Gary!

So I went to Kagura last Monday (public holiday) and took along my new GoPro camera - unfortunately, most of the footage I took was quite useless - I chest mounted the camera most of the time but once I started skiing, it ended up pointing downwards and I just got loads of footage of my skis! Anyway, with the usable footage I did take, I put together this rather laid back video - no crazy steeps, no deep powder, no big jumps or fancy tricks, in fact, nothing gnarly at all, just an easy day skiing in the sunshine! ;)

No apologies needed, that's a sweet video (with a good choice of music)!! :thumbsup: & I can't believe the amount of untracked pow on what was a public holiday!! :omg: Must get back to Kagura this season!

I used premiere pro - just learning how to use it though and the computer I'm using it on isn't really fast enough for 720p @ 60fps. Just had another awesome day at kagura - just hope the gp footage does it justice...!

I used premiere pro - just learning how to use it though and the computer I'm using it on isn't really fast enough for 720p @ 60fps. Just had another awesome day at kagura - just hope the gp footage does it justice...!

Cool, I'm looking for a new editor. iMovie sucks and my old Final Cut Pro system is too dated to handle todays formats.