Aghhhh my feet are killing me..... Customizing Boots.....

After spending a small fortune on my new Boots. and missing pow Pow days coz of shin Pain I realize I need to get them customized for my " Irregular " shaped foot and fast. I live in Japan but have very little language skill, so im looking for somewhere in Tokyo or Hakuba / Nagano that I can.

1. Get my Linings customized or 2. buy some liners that are more Customizable ( is that even a word ?) Any way,.... any recommendations are grateful. ie Location, Outlet, Brand etc. Cheers and Pow Pow

I'm not sure about a shop in Japan that can do the forming (although you could do it with an oven or heat gun if necessary), but I'd highly recommend Intuition Liners. If you send them an email they could probably even tell you who sells their product there.

They came in my new boots this fall, and I had them heat molded before skiing in them - it's the first time I've ever had boots that haven't hurt in some way, never mind being comfortable from day 1.

check them here - www.intuitionliners.com

Go to Victoria in Tokyo, thats where I bought my boots from and had the outer casing customized to fit my right foot which is slightly out of shape due to an injury years ago.

They will mark the boot lining as you tell them which areas don't feel right then they will adjust the casing, takes a few days, so better to do a week or so before you need them.

Go to Victoria in Tokyo, thats where I bought my boots from and had the outer casing customized to fit my right foot which is slightly out of shape due to an injury years ago.

They will mark the boot lining as you tell them which areas don't feel right then they will adjust the casing, takes a few days, so better to do a week or so before you need them.

Cheers for that.....

Thanks Folks...... Think the best option will be to go get me some of these intuitionliners they read up really well. I couldn't stand to loose another powder day because of this HOT spot.....

Back on topic..

I have the same problem with shin rubbing and I have some fairly high end Atomic boots. I've resorted to putting a couple layers of gaffer tape on my shins. I wait until I get sleepy driving home before I rip it (with a lump of hair) off. Wakes you up pretty good. :veryshocked: It's year four on these boots so granted the inner isn't what it was.

This isn't your foot is it fabman?

lo213foot1.jpg

I'm afraid it might be bad news if it is...

;)

I don't mean to encourage him, but that's funny!! Back on topic, do you think any of those places would be able to modify snowboard rather than ski boots??

As an old skool skier - If your shins are rubbing, your ski technique is good :thumbsup:

Haha.... I remember hearing that all the time, too. Yep, it's a fact. Synthetic socks over a strip of cloth tape (grey gaffers tape) with a piece of thin gauze right at the spot the blister forms. Works for me.

This isn't your foot is it fabman?

lo213foot1.jpg

I'm afraid it might be bad news if it is...

;)

I don't mean to encourage him, but that's funny!! Back on topic, do you think any of those places would be able to modify snowboard rather than ski boots??

Mick, that pic was a hernia operation gone wrong :D

My wife had major and seemingly very effective boot surgery a few days back performed by a kiwi bloke (dont recall his name) at central sports next to the Adam Gondora at Happo. Highly recommended, made a huge difference.