Yuzawa Onsen Tourist Association has a promotion for those lucky people with birthdays from December 10 to April 30th.

You may obtain the "Happy My Birthday" Card and original holder at the "Snow Country Tourist Hut" 雪国観光舎 located at the West exit of Echigo Yuzawa station, from 9 am to 6 pm. While the card is only good on the birthday (with some offers valid the day before/after), the card can be picked up before the actual date. 500 holders are available, and after that, only the card will be distributed.

The card can be used to get a free one day lift ticket at the following ski resorts: Yuzawa Nakazato, Yuzawa Park, Iwappara, Kandatsu Kogen, Naspa Ski Garden, Ipponsuugi, Yuzawa Kogen, and Gala Yuzawa. There are also offers for free drinks, free entry to onsen, etc. for a total of 47 offers.

Happy birthday!

• Like 1

Awesome - shall pick one up next time I am there.

Is it possible to reserve the tickets/cards?

No, you must pick up in person, and show proof of birthday such as passport, drivers license, etc.

Awesome - shall pick one up next time I am there.

Is it possible to reserve the tickets/cards?

No, you must pick up in person, and show proof of birthday such as passport, drivers license, etc.

I guessed that I have to show them ID, but can't I phone up and reserve one and then pick it up, and show my ID, when I go up there?

Oh, sounds great, I'll keep my eyes peeled.

I spent a few weeks in Yuzawa in August but March will be the first time when the ski slopes are open so I hope I can try atleast a few resorts unless the Yen-rate stops me... :friend: