I was talking about this with muikabochi today.

This season so far, there hasn't been one time when my windows in my house have been iced up and I can't open them.

I haven't had to use de-icer on my car either.

It just seems to not be as cold as usual. Here in Niigata anyway.

No stats, just a feeling based on these things.

We have had good amounts of snow, so it's not a problem, just interesting.

How about where you are?

It´s not as cold here in South Munich, Germany.

I have so far only cleaned my driveway of snow once !

The snow melts quickly ... no accumilation @600m

The amimals and some plants thinks its spring... The wild pigs are having a bonk, and some people are getting allergy from pollen

Makes me tired from cold- warm changes. Hard to wake up...

I just checked JMA records and Niigata city had an average max in Dec of 7.1 and the long term average is 7.8. The minimum temp was 1.9 and the long term average is 1.8. So Dec was pretty close to the long term average.

So far in Jan the ave max has been 5.1 and the long term ave is 4.6. The ave min so far has been 0.4 and long term ave is -0.7. So it looks like the nights so far in Jan have been a bit milder than normal.

The last half of December was colder than average here, and so has the past few days of January too, however today and last night was above average, only got to -1.5 here last night and hit double figures here today, first time since early Dec.

By this time last year it had already got down to -10oC here where as this year the coldest has only reached -7oC so far.

It has also been very dry here in Yamanashi this year so far, compared to the last few years!

Pretty much every day I have to scrape ice of my car window, and have had several days when the net curtains have been frozen to the house windows, not as many as last year though!

The amimals and some plants thinks its spring... The wild pigs are having a bonk, and some people are getting allergy from pollen

Is it warm enough for those crazy german office workers to nude up and let it all hang out during lunch break in the Englishcergarten?

We've got some summer snow forecast on the mountains here on Wednesday! Temps reached up around 45 degrees in some parts of Victoria last week and this week snow is forecast on the peaks. Summer weather in SE Aus is nothing if not variable.

Is it warm enough for those crazy german office workers to nude up and let it all hang out during lunch break in the Englishcergarten?

LOL Apparently the reason there has been so much snow here in the Swiss Alps is because it has been warmer. Must have been warmer because one of those crazy Germans had his bratwurst out just off the lift making yellow snow! Brrrrrrr!