• Replies 516
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I agree, ale/bitter seems to get me knocked out quicker than lager. Seems to.

Anyone know where to download this App   http:// http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6a8Eimr-fm0

Yona Ale is like my favourite beer these days.

I went to England a few years ago and I really did like the pubs and beer out there.

Good stuff, local specials on tap.

That's one of the best things about a pub. If you don't like one beer, then there are plenty of others to have.

I had some of that last weekend.

It was possibly the worst tasting 'beer like drink' I have ever had.

It had Asahi on the can as well.

It was bloody awful.

Can't imagine people buying and drinking that stuff regularly.

Here's what wiki says

第三のビール(だいさんのビール)とは、ビール、発泡酒とは別の原料、製法(後述)で作られた、ビール風味の発泡アルコール飲料の名称。この種の製品を生産するメーカー各社はビールとの誤認を避けるため新ジャンルと称している。

I'm actually surprised that they can use the word "beer" in there.

Bloody awful the lot of them.

Does anyone else drink Premium Malts? Went back to it recently and it seems the taste has changed. I really liked it before but it seems like it's not as malty as it used to be... tastes quite watered down actually.

Are you sure it's not really, really delicious?

I haven't had it myself, but the people on the TV ad for it seem to be really enjoying it and said it was delicious. (I have no reason to doubt them!).

Their throats made those really, really, really loud gulping sounds as well.... which is of course always a sign of a delicious drink.

Does anyone else drink Premium Malts? Went back to it recently and it seems the taste has changed. I really liked it before but it seems like it's not as malty as it used to be... tastes quite watered down actually.

I haven't had it in quite a while, but used to really like it.

According to Wikipedia, they just did a flavor "renewal" from this year to start using "Diamond Malt," whatever that is.

Could that be the culprit?

Thanks Metabo! That's probably it! It used to have that nice crisp finish to it but now tastes a lot more like every other beer. Guess I'll have to cross that one off the list. At least Ebisu Kohaku should be out soon ;)

Amber Ebisu is lovely.

I reckon the type-3 beers could be beer-flavoured chu-hai. Basically shochu or vodka mixed with a beer flavouring that isn't actually brewed.