Centleisure Maiko Snow Resort (Minamiuonuma, Niigata) - 6th January 2012

That's according to bus time table I was given by JR.

Of course, in blizzards it takes longer. ;)

By chance do you still have that? Been looking everywhere for it and cant find it :(

bus schedule for Maiko?

Pete head out the east (?) exit, hmm I always forget which side is which.......turn right after the shink gates and take that exit, got down the escalators and usually the maiko bus is waiting right there on the righ hand side. The driver is often standing outside with a sign.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was supposed to be snowing again this morning, but we woke up to some clearing skies and by 10 o'clock it was bright and sunny. Time to get out! Went to one of my locals - Centleisure Maiko Snow

East Exit, down the escalator, go out of the building, turn right, walk between the building and the train tracks, that is the area you want to go to for the free shuttle bus to Maiko

So Muikabochi, would you say that Maiko is the place to try out if staying in Yuzawa? I still have to make plans and also convince the lady that skiing is fun. Maiko looks really great and seems easy enough to get to from Yuzawa or Iwappara.

I would certainly recommend it as one of the plgaces to try. And yes it isn't actually in Yuzawa, but it's right next to it and just 5-10 minutes drive further on than Gala, for example.

It will depend on what you want as well of course.

I like Maiko for the abundance of untouched snow, I like the courses and I really like the views on a fine day too.

I live in this area and it is one of my fave places to go to.

:friend:

One other thing worth mentioning about Maiko. There's 2 main 'entrances' or sides to the resort. What many people probably think of as the main one is the left hand side and Gondola station and that's about 2km drive from the exit of the Shiozawa Ishiuchi IC.

The other entrance is the older right hand area, Korakuen, the base of which is literally a few hundred metres from the IC.

They are linked up by one short connecting lift - and the ticket covers all areas.

It's worth checking our Korakuen, especially the far right triple lift and course area, but I usually don't go there and spend time on the Gondola/bowl area.

• SnowJapan Admin

Ah brings back some memories does that!

Ah yes, the old office was the last building on the right, right?

No more yuki daruma donuts for you lot. :p

That's right just near the road there.

The wobbly one.

Good thing we're not near there any more. Those yuku daruma donuts wouldn't fit in with my cunning plan to lose some weight!

:friend:

• 2 weeks later...