Centleisure Maiko Snow Resort (Minamiuonuma, Niigata) - 6th January 2012

year on year, when we see how much snow that Yuzawa gets, even although I love going there and finding few people, its kinda a shame that international tourists don't know about the place

Na, it isn't. Otherwise we would have more people proclaiming to know of "great places but not going to tell you" attitude.

Screw that, would rather share the places with you guys, so they can stay open during a crap economy. :D

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was supposed to be snowing again this morning, but we woke up to some clearing skies and by 10 o'clock it was bright and sunny. Time to get out! Went to one of my locals - Centleisure Maiko Snow

Yuzawa does get quite a lot of foreign people visiting.

Just not as many as the big places, and there aren't the foreigners aggressively marketing it.

And there's a big choice of places over a very large area too.

It's all more more... 'modest' in every respect.

That company a few years ago in Yuzawa tried but they folded. I suspect that that was as much them spending masses of cash before actually getting any cash, and having too big ambitions more than anything though.

Thanks for sharing the pics again muika.

Is there always that much untouched there?

Can't see ropes....

For some reason, a lot of the nagamine bowl up top remains untouched.

Every-time I have been there, especially near the tree lines. ;)

Honestly I almost always decide the day before or even on the day. I'm not interested in going out in bad weather and I mostly only go when the weather is good or at least fairly clear. Totally ungnarly hey? ;)

Got to fit in work as well.

Example, want to go out tomorrow but will only decide in the morning.

Yeah actually coming to think of it, I probably won't go to Maiko for another few weeks, I like to go to lots of different places.

I will be back but not before I get some more places done.

Will be in this evening so do call us.

:friend: