Centleisure Maiko Snow Resort (Minamiuonuma, Niigata) - 6th January 2012

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It was supposed to be snowing again this morning, but we woke up to some clearing skies and by 10 o'clock it was bright and sunny. Time to get out! Went to one of my locals - Centleisure Maiko Snow

you get a shuttle bus from the station.....I THINK its free, but not sure.

ARRRGH!! I should've went there today!! :doh:

I love the texture you get on the photos Muika, those ones with the trails cutting through the snow, can't explain it but I really love those shots

Thanks.

I wouldn't be surprised if part of it actually is in Yuzawa.

The top of the resort is almost connected with Iwappara on the other side.

By car it is literally just a few minutes drive from the Shiozawa Ishiuchi IC, which is the next IC north of Yuzawa IC, about 4km on.

http://www.snowjapan...php?resortNo=16

By train you would get off at Echigo Yuzawa and then get a shuttle bus to the resort which would probably take 10-15 minutes.

Do they stop a few times to pick people up etc?

A fairly normal drive from Echigo Yuzawa station to Maiko doesn't take (much) more than 10 minutes I would imagine.

Yeah, stops to pick people up along the way and also stops at the hotel before the one day centre.

Ta!

One top tip for people going on a busy day. Or any day really!

Don't bother with da gondola.

Just get the quad lift next to it, and then get the other quad lift up to the bowl area.

Much nicer. Well, I think so anyway.

I have been on a few busy days when there's been a huge queue for the gondola and you could just walk onto the quad.

:friend:

Snowing again here now btw.

year on year, when we see how much snow that Yuzawa gets, even although I love going there and finding few people, its kinda a shame that international tourists don't know about the place