Excuse Me....But are you an SJ forums member?

How come I always have an overwhelming urge to ask every gaij I see (skiing) if they are a member here. Every single damned person I have asked that question just stares at me with a blank look wondering WTF I'm talking about.

So, how about some sort of clue as to what you look like on the hill.. Here is me and my kid. Easy to spot. :lol: ...black and blue with a yellow backpack. :wave:

DSC00108.jpg

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

nobody is going to spot you in your lounge room LOL

That is one funky outfit Memphis!!!

Mick...I like the sticker.. but I was just ranting to my wife (of which I do a fair share of) about all the fricking Camembert cheese in Japanese stores. When I get a hankering for cheese..that crap isn't high on the preferred list. :slap:

Unfortunately, the Japanese seem to have this idea that cheese is a type of cream, and bread is a type of sweet! Gotta go to the international store and pay a big wad of cash for a tiny bit of the good stuff from Europe!! Whenever I go back to UK, I try to bring back a load of Stilton - its one the few cheeses which you can actually freeze, keep for ages and its still good when you defrost it!

On the slopes Im usually wearing a bright green camo pattern jacket, black pants, black helmet and a red face mask if its snowing. I also have a pair of very distinctive fat skis, so Im easy to spot! Hope to have some videos up from my new GoPro soon.....!

but that stuff they say is Camembert isn't actually Camembert.....its just Dairy Lea soft cream cheese. Real Camembert is well nice!!

My local Supa does 800g blocks of real Cheddar Cheese for only 1200 yen, they also have Gouda and Egmont cheese for about the same price and size

Well, like I mentioned in the cheese thread. I hit Costco on the way home from Sapporo and got stocked up on "BIG" blocks of cheese. Having homemade pizzas with fresh mozz tonight.

Funniest was this old dude that got on a lift with me.

In his 80's.

He couldn't speak a word of English but looked at me and said "SnowJapan?"

Turned out he was the jiji of one of the hotels listed.

Found that quite funny.

Well, like I mentioned in the cheese thread. I hit Costco on the way home from Sapporo and got stocked up on "BIG" blocks of cheese. Having homemade pizzas with fresh mozz tonight.

Did you get the chilli mozzarella they do there?

And what time shall I come over? ;)

I have a sticker on the back of my helmet the one on my board gets covered in snow.

I met MB in Niseko in a lift q by noticing her sticker.

Anyway this is me.

Japan Photos 10 11 171

Seemore

Did you get the chilli mozzarella they do there?

And what time shall I come over? ;)

No, didn't see that one. Got 4 huge blobs of mozzarella, a couple bricks of cheddar and big block of farmers. Sorry, MIJ....tonight having some Indian curry my wife orders from the internet. Pizzas tomorrow....come on down......you're close enough. :wave: I am enjoying a nice slice of cheddar and a glass if Pinot Noir right now.. :thumbsup:

I have a SJ sticker on the back of my jacket right in the middle, on my ski poles and on my ski's. You can't miss me when I am there. If you do I always have my last run at Hanazono so I can fill up on HOT WINE!!!! :lol: Oh yeah I also have them on my luggage.

As long as I'm not snowboarding through Hirosaki in May I'm good to go, haha. I have no idea what possessed me to buy this outfit. I saw it on the mannequin and I was like, oh my god. Now all the people in the cable car at hakkoda with me are like WTF GAIJIN