Do You Wear a Helmet For Snowsports?  

89 members have voted

1. 1. Do you wear a helmet for snowsports?

• Yes always
    • Yes sometimes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you thnk they should be compulsory?

• Yes
    • Yes but only for school groups
    • No

Helmets are super cool. They`re a bit of a fashion accessory, which isn`t a bad thing in this case. If they look `cool`, more people will wear them.

This is especially so in Japan where being stylish on the slopes is a must!

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

To be honest, i think some of you are overplaying the disruption to a) your field of vision, and the lack of ambient sound by wearing a helmet. Lets forget that i wrote "non safety reasons whatsoeve

Wore my helmet yesterday and thankfully glad I did.   Was coming down the main slope on the east slope of joestu kokusai and a skiier came across and clattered in to me and I took a hefty tumble, hi

No one would or could argue that wearing a helmet is not a somewhat safer option could they? I honestly couldn't care less if people wear them for whatever reason they choose. I don't care if it makes

Helmets are super cool. They`re a bit of a fashion accessory, which isn`t a bad thing in this case. If they look `cool`, more people will wear them.

:lol: Thats the funniest thing I have heard all day.

Do you sell helmets FD2099?

I also wear a helmet, but if fashion is your primary concern when you decide to wear a helmet, then I think you are missing the point.

Also, I really don't think that being stylish on the slopes in Japan is that important, especially when you see plenty of Japanese wearing 20 year old one piece ski suits, that was the part that I was laughing about most.

All this talk of helmets offering protection is missing the point of how easily they can be used as weapons. I keep mine on even off the slopes in case someone talks back to me in line at the conbini or to clear a path in a crowded bar.

Watch out all you dudes who sport toques! I'm gunning for ya!

Also, I really don't think that being stylish on the slopes in Japan is that important, especially when you see plenty of Japanese wearing 20 year old one piece ski suits, that was the part that I was laughing about most.

Hmm well it kind of is, among the young.

Perhaps not amount middle aged and old dudes who are the ones wearing 20 year old one piece ski suits.

Doubt you'd see many teens wearing 20 year old one pieces!

I also wear a helmet, but if fashion is your primary concern when you decide to wear a helmet, then I think you are missing the point.

They're called skiers. ;)

:lol: Thats the funniest thing I have heard all day.

Do you sell helmets FD2099?

Hah. No, but maybe I should...

But really, you do see all the pimped out, stickered up helmets. Those kids go to a lot of trouble for a reason...

I think people should wear full-face helmets, like BMX ones. I think they look badass.

Haha...

wrong-way-to-wear-a-helmet-cartoon.jpg